Arms Reach
by Andrea Castro

Chapter 5 - Sandrine's 

" I'm sorry that Harry had to leave and you're stuck here with me . " Tom said walking into the Holodeck . " I am too . " B'Elanna smiled . " Oh! That was harsh . " Tom complained then opening the doors to Sandrine's. " Hey , Tommy Boy . Long time no see , " Gaunt Gary shouted from the pool table . " And I see you brought me a present . " Gary said starring at B'Elanna who was still by the door . Tom glanced at the door then back at Gary. " Back off , alright ? " Tom warned . " It's not me you should be worried about, Tommy . " Gary said . 

Tom looked to where Gary was pointing and saw the Gigolo starring at B'Elanna also . " Jesus . " He muttered then practically ran towards her . " Come on , B'Elanna . " Tom said then grabbing her hand and pulling her to a
table . " Why are those two guys starring at me , Tom ? " She asked uncomfortably . " It's because you're so beautiful . " Tom said truthfully then they both sat down across from each other . 

B'Elanna scoffed and felt really uncomfortable because they were still starring at her. 
" They're still starring at me. " B'Elanna whispered crossing her arms over her chest . Tom sighed . " I'll straighten them out . " Tom smiled. He got up and glanced at both of them . " Gigolo , Gary . Over here . " Tom said tilting his head towards the corner. " What are you guys doing ? " Tom hissed . " I cannot help it , Tom. It's what I do . " The Gigolo said then went back to starring at B'Elanna . Tom slapped him in the head and he looked back at him . " You two leave her alone . She's been through a lot and she doesn't need you guys flirting with her or making her even more uncomfortable . " Tom said angrily . 

B'Elanna watched Tom talk to those two guys when a middle aged woman came up to her . " Thomas is vey protective , is he not ? " Sandrine asked . " He is . " B'Elanna said . " You are just his type . He likes his woman with a little bite . " Sandrine replied . B'Elanna looked up at the woman confused . " What? " Sandrine looked down at B'Elanna. " Well , the first time you ever came in here he couldn't take his eyes off you . " Sandrine smiled . 

B'Elanna tried to remember another time she came into this place but couldn't until she looked at the pool table . She saw a flash of herself standing there . Her hair was shorter and one of those guys was right behind her . In her space actually . Then she saw Tom there also . They were both talking then she walked away . 

" Alright! " 
B'Elanna shook her head and saw that the woman was gone and those two guys moving away from Tom and he walked back towards her . " Sorry about that . They shouldn't bother you anymore . " Tom grinned then noticed B'Elanna was starring at him .
" What's wrong ? " He asked . " I ... I think I'm remembering something but I'm not sure what . I was standing by the pool table with one of those guys behind me . Then I was talking to you and I walked away . " B'Elanna said . 

Tom laughed slightly . " That's when you called me a pig . " B'Elanna looked at the table and bit her bottom lip . 
" Quit that . " Tom said . " Quit what ? " She asked . " Bitting your lip . You always do that when you get nervous . " 
B'Elanna raised an eyebrow . " And why would you take time to notice that ? " She asked with a grin forming on her lips. 

Tom opened his mouth but nothing came out . " I have a lot of free time . " He sighed . " I guess so . " B'Elanna laughed . " So what do you want to do next ? " Tom asked . " Whatever's next on the list of things to know . " B'Elanna replied . ' Crap ' Tom thought . " Alright . But I don't think I should tell you here . We'll go back to your quarters. " Tom said then extending his hand to hers. She took and they both left Sandrines . 

" Tommy boy always had a way with the ladys , right Sandrine ? " Gaunt Gary said . " He always did . " She smiled. 
 

TBC