New: Twentieth Century Boy
Author: ZorroRojo - zorrorojo@slashcity.com
Series: X-Over Voyager/X-Files/Highlander
Part: 6/16
Rating: R?
Codes: C/P
Archive: Anywhere
Disclaimer: yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah - not mine.
Summary: I don't want to give one.
Warnings: Non-Graphic Slash - Cussing -  a little violence (not
anything worse than what you see on American TV.

**********
 
 
 

"Yo Paco, your beeper's going off."

Chakotay stared at the man who seemed to be addressing him. Paco?

"I said your beeper is going off."

He was talking to him, Chakotay realized. But Chakotay didn't know what a beeper was. His combadge chirped with an incoming signal again and the man sitting on the other end of the bench, drinking a beer at 8:00 in the morning, glared at him.

"Hablo English, Paco?"

"Yes." Chakotay answered, the single word clipped to a crisp syllable.

"Pay phone's over there." The man nodded and pointed.

Chakotay ignored him. Drunk at eight in the morning, face ruddy and lined from long years of sun exposure, he was a man Chakotay would rather avoid.

"Leave 'em alone Clem," the other occupant of the porch ordered. "Don't pick on the touristas."

"Tourista my ass, Ryan. Drug runner is more like it. Hey Paco, nice tattoo."

Chakotay sat on the bench, ignoring the belligerent man. He needed to answer the hail; he got up and went to the phone and picked it up. He pulled a coin from his pocket and his combadge along with it, keeping his back to the other occupants of the porch.

"Chakotay," he said into the mouthpiece and his commbadge.

"Hey, I miss you," Tom's voice greeted him.

"Likewise."

"You can't talk, can you?"

"Not really, no."

"I thought I'd check in. I think we have a vehicle, but the owner won't be back until the day after tomorrow. What do you want us to do?"

Chakotay lowered his voice to a whisper. "Find somewhere to stay tonight. Don't go back to the Flyer unless you have to. We can't risk being seen in the area."

"Got it. Hey Cha?"

"Uh-huh?"

"We met someone who looks exactly like Lt. Collin from security. It's really weird, we're at his place now."

"Doubles are bound to happen."

"No, this guy not only looks like him, but he sounds like him and even has the same mannerisms. It's freaking Gerron out."

"Freaking out?"

"It's making him nervous. He and Collin have been dating."

"They have?"

"You didn't know?"

"No. Tom, I have to go. Keep me informed and I want to know where you spend the night."

"OK, I love you."

"Me too."

Chakotay replaced the receiver and went back to his seat next to Tuvok on the bench. He gave a slight nod and thought about what to do next. Tom and Gerron were making nice progress, even with the delay. But he had confidence in Tom's abilities. Yet another reason to pair him with the inexperienced Gerron.

"What time's the shipment Paco?"

"Clem," the one named Ryan warned. He turned to Chakotay and explained. "Clem likes to annoy anyone within hearing range, he's harmless."

"Definitely harmless," Chakotay agreed with a nod. "Is there somewhere to rent a vehicle around here? We would like to do some exploring."

"You came here without a car?" Ryan asked, incredulous.

"Our vehicle has had mechanical difficulties," Tuvok explained.

"Well, in that case," Ryan announced in a mock formal tone that matched Tuvok's, "allow me to direct you to the nearest car rental establishment. See that highway?" He pointed in the distance. "You take that ninety miles north you'll come to a town. You can rent a car there."

"Ninety miles?"

"Uh-huh. My wife Bernice is going to Alpine today, do you want me to ask her if you can tag along? She's not coming back until tomorrow though."

"Thank you." Chakotay said. "We would."

"Wait here, I'll call her."

Chakotay turned to Tuvok and whispered in a voice so low he couldn't hear his own words, "We can start our search from the North and work back this way."

"Hey Ryan," the town drunk called out, "I wouldn't send my wife with Paco and company. You want me to go with them?"

"Clem, you're an idiot." He turned to Chakotay and assured him, "I'll be right back."

**********

"Hey gorgeous, can I buy you a drink?" Chakotay sidled up to Tom at the bar but kept his voice low. The atmosphere in this local
establishment was casual, but the Commander had the distinct feeling that that could change and he wanted them to be as inconspicuous as possible.

"Hey yourself. Any luck?" Tom asked and took a long draft from his beer.

"No, not really. We searched the first five grids and didn't find a thing. You?" Chakotay asked and leaned closer with guarded
nonchalance.

"Same. We're heading into the park tomorrow. Something strange has happened though. You know the guy who looks like Collin? His roommate disappeared off a raft trip six days ago. That's two disappearances in the park in a week. I don't think it's a coincidence. We're going to start our search in the last place he was seen. It's only about 5 miles from the Flyer. We'll keep an eye on things. This guy trusts us; he even offered us jobs. Something to think about, it'll give us more mobility," Tom told him and searched out Gerron at a table in the back. The Bajoran looked slightly overwhelmed and very young.

"Should we come with you?" Chakotay asked, concern in his voice though his face remained neutral.

"No. The area's crawling with search teams. We've already established a presence in the area. No one will be suspicious of us," Tom explained and stretched casually.

The unconscious movement caught Chakotay's eye and he found his groin tightening.

"Careful, there, Chief," Tom warned with amusement sparkling in his eyes, "You're getting conspicuous."

The deviltry in Tom's voice only further enflamed the older man. "Then let's take this conversation out to the car," he suggested. Chakotay walked out first, knowing Tom would follow a moment later.

Tom looked back at the table and saw Tuvok join Gerron. The Vulcan gave Tom an unreadable expression followed by a barely perceptible nod that indicated he knew exactly what Tom and Chakotay were about to do, and that he'd wait with Gerron. Tom shrugged sheepishly, feeling the blush rise on his cheeks, then followed Chakotay to the parking lot.

Inside the rented vehicle, Tom glanced around and was glad they were parked on the end of the row, away from other cars and passersby. "So, Gerron and I will go on this search for this missing roommate and you and Tuvok will-- hey, Cha? Um, what're you doing?"

The Commander's hand was petting Tom's belly, and had made a move for his belt buckle. "What do you think I'm doing? I'm exercising spousal privileges."

"In the middle of my briefing you?" Tom was incredulous. And very aroused. His zipper was eased down and he began to breathe heavily. Nervously, he glanced outside to be sure nobody would see.

"You're about finished. And this is important too," Chakotay told him in all seriousness.

Tom's expression softened. His eyes ran a scan of the parking lot and then he leaned in for a taste of Chakotay's succulent lips. Deep and wet, the kiss was also brief. They couldn't risk being so open in public there and drawing attention. Public decency laws were commonly upheld, Tom had told the Commander back at the Flyer.

When he felt his hot erection exposed to the still warm night air, Tom's eyes widened. Chakotay grinned and warned his husband, "Keep watch for me, Tommy. I'm going in."

Then full lips were wrapped around Tom's throbbing cock. Chakotay's tongue massaged the silken skin while he created a strong suction, passionate sounds coming from his throat all the while.

Tom watched the parking lot, caught between nervousness at the
possibility of being caught, and exhilaration at Chakotay's rare display of public wantonness. All the while, Chakotay nursed Tom to orgasm, sucking, licking, and creating blissful sensation.

Tom's climax caught him by surprise --, as had the whole incident. "Chak--ohhhh-tay!" Tom gasped and pulsed hot semen into the Commander's throat. After a moment of licking it clean as it softened, Chakotay tucked Tom back into his pants and helped him zip up.

Tom's dazed expression clearly asked why. Why Chakotay would be so daring in the middle of a universe-altering crisis.

"There are times when I'm not able to show you how much I love you. I want you to always know that I do, and I never want to pass up an opportunity to taste you, or feel you or be with you. Especially when we can't be sure when our next chance will be," Chakotay told him and grasped him gently at the nape of his neck.

"I love you too, Cha," Tom whispered and leaned in for a soft kiss.

Reluctantly, the Commander then pulled back. "Unfortunately, we have to get back to Gerron and Tuvok now."

"Yeah," Tom agreed, disappointed but knowing it was for the best. "Leaving those two for long is not the best plan." Tom opened his car door and Chakotay exited on his side. They walked toward the front door of the bar, stopping before they were too close.

"I wish we had time for more," Tom whispered.

"Hold that thought for next time. There will be a next time, and I do hope it's soon," Chakotay murmured.

"Yeah, me too. We'll be in touch when we can," Tom stated the obvious, not wanting to be separated again just yet though he knew it was time.

"All right then, I have to go. We're heading north in the morning. There's a strong signal coming from a place called Nine Point Mesa. I'm beginning to think there may be more than one ship here," Chakotay confided and met Tom's eyes, the gravity of his suspicion plain in his dark gaze.

"I sure as hell hope not," Tom admitted, obviously not liking the sound of that.

"Me too."

"I guess I'd better get Gerron and get us out of here. The less unnecessary interaction the better, right?" Tom asked, putting on his most confident officer's expression.

"Right, and send Tuvok out to the car, too," Chakotay said with a smile as Tom prepared to gather his younger charge. "Oh, and Tom?"

The younger man turned around and interjected with a smirk, "I know, Cha, be careful."

"I mean it, Tom," he replied, shaking his head at his irrepressible husband as the younger man sauntered back into the bar and he turned back to his vehicle. Leave it to Tom to try to alleviate his latest bout of tension. Walking away this time without looking back was hard as hell.

**********

"Water?" Scully held out her canteen and asked.

"Thanks. I wouldn't mind a little help from our friend right now," Mulder mused and took a grateful drink.

"You haven't heard from him again?" Scully didn't seem surprised.

"No. Do you know how long it's going to take us to search the entire park?" he groused.

"Longer than we have, Mulder."

"Exactly. What's that?" he asked stopping narrowing his gaze.

"What?"

"See, down there, there's a depression down in that Valley. It doesn't look natural." Mulder shaded his eyes with his hand over his brow.

"They do hide underground," Scully said and turned to gage Mulder's reaction to the site below.

"Do you think it's the real thing or another Consortium run research study?"

"I don't know Mulder, I just don't know," she admitted with contained frustration.

"Let's hike down there."

"We should wait. It's too hot." Scully shook her head. The prospect of a sweaty hike did not appeal at the moment. Not a bit.

"I'm fine," Mulder challenged.

"How much water have you had?" Scully countered.

"About a gallon."

"Not enough. You need about a gallon an hour to stay hydrated," she told him.

"Hand it over," he instructed with a wry grin.

"Watch out for snakes," Scully advised, knowing better than to waste energy arguing, especially in the scorching heat.

"Do you have a snake kit with you?"

"Yes," she replied and shook her head in defeat.

"What more could I need? A doctor with her own snake kit." Mulder grinned and walked ahead, Scully not anxious to follow. After a moment she heaved a sigh and gave in.

An hour later they arrived on the valley floor and went in search of the depression they saw from above. Mulder found it right away.

End Part 6