Title: tIqwIj
Author: T’Pau

Disclaimers: Star Trek belongs to Paramount

Rating: PG

Keyword: P/T

Feedback: Send to No1trekie@aol.com.

Summary: What happens if B’Elanna and Tom hadn’t done it.

Authors Note: I read this story saying that Klingons mated for life and it bothered me about B’Elanna and Tom then this story occurred to me and I couldn’t get it to go away. I know it might not be the best but give it a try.

Archive: Anywhere. Just tell me first
 

Ever since I was 5 my mother blamed her bad marriage on my father. She said it was because it was dishonourable. Klingons mate for life and he had waited till after they had mated 24 times to propose to her.

From this age I’ve always held it close to my heart that Klingons mate for life. With everyone I’ve met I’ve never let them that close. I tell them no, make up some excuse. That custom that even most Klingons ignore now is the only Klingon thing left about me.

The ship’s been talking for years about me and Tom. Saying we’ve been sleeping together. Well we haven’t. Not even once.

I love him so much but at first I was afraid I didn’t love him enough and now I know I do love him enough I’m scared. I know his history. Is the only reason he’s been sticking around for my body? I know 3 years is a long time to wait just for sex but it’s not like he has that much to do.

And then there’s the fact that I don’t think he’s ready to settle down yet. I am. I have been for at least the past year. And I love him so.

I just don’t know how to open it with him. How to ask him.

*****

Tom Paris walked slowly down the corridor to B’Elanna’s quarters. He was scared. He was finally going to ask her. Ask her if she was ready yet.

It wasn’t just because of the sex either. Sure that would be good but he could do it for himself and if push came to shove there were holodeck programs to help him with a problem like that.

No it wasn’t some fleeting cardinal pleasure he wanted from B’Elanna. She was his tIqwIj. He wanted to share his life with her. Every insignificant little moment. He wanted to fall asleep every night with her and wake up every morning to her radiant smile. He wanted to see her grow with his child inside her. He wanted to love her and be able to say to the world that she was his. His tIqwIj, his hearts blood.

He slowly rang the door bell and after a few seconds B’Elanna answered. She looked particularly lovely tonight. Her hair seemed to fall abound her as light as feathers and she seemed to practically glow. To him she looked like an angel.

“Hi Tom,” she said, stepping back and allowing him into her quarters.

“Hi ‘Lanna,” he whispered, leaning over and kissing the little hollow just behind her ear. He knew from so many make out sessions that she most liked to be kissed there.

She growled into his ear and he swiftly picked her up and carried her over to the sofa. She protested but he didn’t take any notice.

He gently reached out and stroked her hair. She smiled at him and closed the distance between there mouths and pressing her lips hard on his.

“’Lanna,” he whispered in her ear as she pulled away. “We need to talk.”

“What about?” she asked, reaching over and kissing his neck. He firmly took her shoulders and pulled her away.

“I mean if B’Elanna. Let’s be serious,” he said, gently caressing her neck. She leaned her head into his hand.

“I’ve been thinking a lot lately ‘Lanna,” he said, stroking a errant strand of hair out of her eyes. “And I’ve been thinking how much I love you. You know how much I love you don’t you. I love you more than anything else in this world.

“I’ve been thinking ‘Lanna. We’ve been together for a long time now. I love you more than life itself. I can’t imagine a day without you. B’Elanna, my tIqwIj. Will you be my wife?”

She gasped. Had he just said what she thought he said? Had he just asked her to marry him?

“Do you truly love me?” she asked. “You’re not just asking me this for sex?”

“God no B’Elanna,” he told her passionately. “This is such a big think. It means as much to me as it does you. I love you. I don’t want to be without you again.”

“I that case helmboy, I guess I’m going to have to say yes.”

A grin spread over his face and one spread over hers to. Without another word he took her into his arms and carried her into the bedroom.

She lay perfectly still on the bed, for once in her life not knowing what to do. He leaned over her and pulled her top of. He reached out and fondly stroked his fingertips over her nipples.

Suddenly she decided to take the initiative. She reached up, wrapped her arms around his neck and bit him on the cheek.

“Tom,” she whispered. “My tIqwIj.”

He reached down and dug his teeth into the sensitive skin below her ear. “tIqwIj,” he whispered.

Immediately he claimed her lips, pushing his tongue through her teeth.

I must be the luckiest man alive, he thought to himself. And with that he took his tIqwIj.
 

OK. Strange or what? Tell me. I don’t even care it you have it just tell me (of course I prefer people telling me how good it is).