Title:  The Dance
Author:  Shaolin aka Sandro Dorvan V
Pairing; C/P
Rating: PG
Archive: Just ask me!
Summary:  Tom and Cha sing a song.
Feedback: It's my first foray into CP. Be gentle! Thanks Maxi for your all your help and for making my favorite bottom, a top!
Disclaimer:  Paramount owns them. Bastards! The song belongs to Elvis.  I thought CP needed to dance.
 

Soft music played in the background.  The lights were low. Tom stood at the old fashioned jukebox.  He chose his selection and turned to the table where his lover waited. Their eyes met across the room. A smile crossed his face that was brighter than any star in the universe.  He stared into the dark eyes of the one who captured his heart; the one who completed him.  The other man stood and walked towards with the grace of a panther, sleek and confident.

"Excuse me," Chakotay held out his hand.  "May I have this dance?"

"Yes." The pair joined the other couples on the dance floor.   The song began.

"Wise man say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you" Chakotay began singing into Tom's ear. They wrapped around each other swaying in time with the music; their bodies pressed together. Tom felt Chakotay's hand gently caressing the small of his back.  He kissed his cheek. A spark of electricity ran though them as they clung to one another. Where one began, the other ended.

"Shall I stay, would it be a sin if I can't help falling in love with you." 
Tom sang. He touched his forehead to Chakotay's; blue eyes melted into chocolate ones.

"Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes some things are meant to be" They sang unaware the crowd was now focused solely upon them. Time had stopped. Only they existed. Their fingers and voices intertwined together, "Take my hand, take my whole life too for I can't help falling in love with you"

They had been at each other's throats.  Their constant battles strained ship operations.  The captain, exasperated, had ordered them to resolve their problems.  The pair had balked at the order but made a concerted effort to put their differences aside. As a way of breaking the tension, Tom invited Chakotay to Sandrine's for a friendly game of pool. After a couple of games and a few drinks they found themselves in each other's arms kissing and dancing to an old 20th century earth song. That was a year ago.

Like a river flows surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
some things are meant to be
take my hand, take my whole life too

"For I can't help falling in love with you" Their lips touched as they sang. "For I can't help falling in love with you."  The song ended with a passionate kiss.

Tom broke the kiss and looked into Chakotay's brown eyes. "I've been waiting for this all night."  He purred.

"Will you marry me?" Tom dropped to one knee in front of Chakotay. He presented him with a plain gold and silver band. His blue eyes radiated love and devotion.

"Yes."

Tom slipped the ring on his finger. Chakotay pulled Tom up recapturing his mouth with a deep and thorough kiss. A thunderous roar of applause erupted from the crowd who had been watching to entire scene.

"I love you, Chakotay." Tom whispered as tears of joy filled his eyes.

"And I you, Tom Paris." Chakotay whispered back; a lone tear escaped down his cheek.

They stole one last kiss before the crowd descended upon them.

The End.