First I want to say that I wrote this story between11:00 PM Dec. 31-12:20am 01/01/00 at the start of the first day of the new millennium!!!! I wasn't partying(sniff) so I did the next best thing. I would like to thank Lyra for her encouragement and friendship over the years since I met her on-line(sorry you didn't get to beta for me on this one, but as u know this is the first story I have completed (out of six or seven 10 page plus ones)and I LOVE YOU CYBER-SIS!!!(sniff sniff). Everyone else, have a Happy New Year and Millennium (finally learned how to spell that word) Hope you like my story.

PS: I only want Lyra to post my story on any web page unless she sends it to the P/T Collective for me. Anyone else who want to post it, e-mail me at mercedesblanca@yahoo.com. Praise will be adored, flames douched. Ciao ya'll!!!
 

SHOW AND KISS

By: mercedesblanca (Amanda R.M.)

"Next is our favorite pilot/medic, Tom Paris. You won't believe it, but he's going to SING! And of course it will be a song from the 20th century. So without further ado he is Tom Paris singing 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing'!" Neelix gestured to the side of the holographic stage and clapped when he saw Paris moving the curtains. Tom clutched the mike in his fist and walked out onto the stage to Neelix's side and smiled to the audience.

"Hey everyone, just want to say a few words. First, I want to say Happy New Year. I hope this one is the one we get home in, but if not I could not ask for better company. "He pauses as the audience claps. "In the long standing tradition of wishing friends peace, long life, and love, I dedicate this song to you. On a personal level, this goes out to all the couples on the ship, and to you B'Elanna. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

The lights dim and old-fashioned spotlights focus on Tom dressed in tight fitting black leather pants and blue silk muscle shirt. Music starts to drift out of hidden speakers...

I could stay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away and dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender

I could stay lost in this moment forever

Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

Don't wanna close my eyes

Don't wanna fall asleep

And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream would never do

I'd still miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing

Laying close to you

Feeling your heart beating

And I'm wondering what you're dreaming

Wondering if it's me you're seeing

Then I kiss your eyes

And thank God we're together

I just want to stay with you in this moment forever

Forever and ever

Don't wanna close my eyes

Don't wanna fall asleep

'Cause I'd miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream would never do

I'd still miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing

I don't wanna miss one smile

I don't wanna miss one kiss

I just wanna be with you

Right here with you just like this

I just wanna hold you close

Feel your heart so close to mine

And just stay here in this moment

for all the rest of time

Baby, baby

Don't wanna close my eyes

Don't wanna fall asleep

'Cause I'd miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you

The sweetest dream would never do

I'd still miss you baby

And I don't wanna miss a thing

As the closing strains of music drifted softly away Tom received a standing ovation. He bowed to the audience and waited for them to settle down. Taking a deep breath, he said a prayer, "Thank you. There's just one last thing I want to do before I leave you to the tender mercies of the Doc and Neelix." Laughter drifted back to him along with a huff from the Doc's direction. "B'Elanna will you please come up here?" He looked at her blushing face in the audience and grinned happily. She slowly approached him on the stage wearing a maroon dress that shimmered and glittered under the lights. He held her bare arm up the last few steps as she finally moved into position beside him.

Mentally saying every good luck phrase he could remember he turned to her. "B'Elanna, we've been together now for awhile, and it's made me realize a few things. First is there isn't much to live for if you don't have someone to celebrate with you all your triumphs, and comfort you in all your loses. Second, is that for me, you are that person. Third is that I don't want to waste any more time than I already have." Bending down on one knee and taking her hand in his, he finally asked the question, "B'Elanna will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

She was speechless for a second, but she finally smiled and replied, "Yes Tom, I will marry you, but you're doing me the honor." They couldn't hear the wild cheering as Tom jumped up and hugged B'Elanna, swinging her in circles. When his lips closed on hers he could feel the tears running down her face. Finally, slowly they ended the kiss and faced the crowd. "Happy New Year, everyone! Doc take it away!" He then turned back to her and kissed her until he was breathless and the Doc got the show back on the road.

The End

 If you made it this far then I have to punish you. Paramount owns all Trek (as far as I know) and if I knew otherwise I wouldn't tell u so I could get it myself! And Aerosmith sang this song for the movie Armageddon (great movie-must see) and I love it to death. "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" is produced by Matt Serletic and has ties to Realsongs (ASCAP) and Sony Music Entertainment Inc. Since I don't know what they do all I can say is please don't sue, no infringement intended, and the Story is MINE!!!!! No money was made and no red-(or yellow-) shirted ensigns were harmed in the making of this story!