Title: Thrown Through Time

Authors: R. Mason & Joanne Collins

Codes: C/P, C/P/M (only once), M/I (implied)

Ratings: G – NC – 17 (depending on where in the story)

Feedback: mchakotayparis@yahoo.com

Summary: See Chapter 1

Thrown Through Time

Chapter 30

It was nearly 1200 before Tom and Chakotay once again emerged from their bedroom. When they entered the living area the vid player on the desk came to life and they saw the smiling face of their oldest daughter.

"Well it‘s about time you two stopped screwing long enough to come up for air," said Melody smiling wickedly.

Tom and Chakotay both blushed deeply and stepped closer to the player so they could hear what Melody was saying.

"And yes, Chakotay. I know language sweet one. But I recorded this when the Alaina and Garrick were in day care so they can‘t hear me.

"Anyway, as you have all ready noticed you two have the day off. I hoped you both enjoyed yourselves because now you had better get cleaned up and eat something because you‘re presence is requested in the mess hall at 1600. And don‘t try and sneak out of this either because I have the transporter locked on both your COM badges and I will transfer you there no matter what you two are doing.

"Aunt Kathryn allowed me to use her authorization to give you both unlimited replicator rations for today so make the best of it. Its really not going to be all that bad Daddy so you both might as well enjoy it. Oh, and by the way. Happy Anniversary."

The vid player shut off automatically as Melody‘s message ended and both men stood there staring at each other.

"Do you think she meant it?" asked Tom.

"What do you think? At this point I wouldn‘t put anything past her. Why don‘t you go take a shower while I check out the computer," said Chakotay as he kissed Tom once more then headed towards his desk.

Tom looked at Chakotay once more then went back into their bedroom to shower and dress. Chakotay sat down at the desk and keyed up the information he wanted. Sure enough Melody had given them unlimited replicator rations for today and there was a constant transporter lock on himself and Tom. Chakotay smiled to himself. Melody had really out done herself this time. He was certainly going to have to have a heart to heart talk with his oldest daughter about regulations and protocol.

Ten minutes later Tom came out of their room dressed in loose fitting black pants with a light blue shirt. He came over and wrapped his arms around Chakotay‘s neck as he leaned over and nibbled on his neck.

"Well, what‘s the verdict?"

"She‘s done it all right. So we had better stop this right now or we are going to be caught in a compromising position."

"Damn, and I was just getting started. OK, Cha. How about you go take your shower and I‘ll get us breakfast or lunch or what ever it is?" said Tom as he kissed him once again then headed to the replicator.

Chakotay watched him move away then headed to their bedroom to shower and change. Thirty minutes later he had showered and dressed in a pair of loose fitting brown pants with a white shirt and tan vest.

Tom had fixed a grand brunch for them both and they both ate until they were full. Once they had eaten they discovered that Melody had also locked them both out of the computer so neither one of them could access the computer to check on their duties.

So for the next hour Tom and Chakotay curled up on the couch and watched an old vid until it was time to go to the mess hall. On their way to the mess hall they found the corridors empty and expected to find the lights out and everyone hiding. Instead everyone was standing around talking and waiting for them.

"Well it‘s about time you two got here! I was just about to call for the transporter transfer if you weren‘t here in the next few minutes," said Melody as she took both man by the arm and lead him to the center of the room.

"Can I have everyone‘s attention please!" said Melody barely able to hear herself over the noise of a room full of people talking. Just then a shrilly whistle broke through the noise and the room because deathly quiet.

"Thank you. Harry. Now I‘m sure that everyone knows why were here tonight but I would like to say a few words anyway."

"Twenty four months ago these two men became husband and husband and took me as their daughter. That day was one of the happiest days of my life. The second happiest day was the day that I gave those same two men a beautiful son and daughter."

"On their first anniversary I was unable to celebrate with them because I had just given birth to Alaina and Garrick and was in pretty bad shape myself. But this year I don‘t have any excuse so wither you two want it or not we are going to have a proper anniversary celebration."

"So gentlemen, If you would follow me over here we will cut your cake and get this celebration going!" said Melody as she pulled both man behind a table where a two layer cake sat adored with a small groom and groom atop.

"Mel, I don‘t think...." said Tom.

"Tom, Chakotay. Please, a lot of people worked very hard on this so do us all a favor and just shut up and enjoy it!" said Melody as she moved out from between them and put their hands together with a silver cake knife in their combined hands.

"Well, I guess we don‘t have much of a choice," said Tom.

"Guess not. All right Tom, are you ready?" asked Chakotay as together they cut the cake to a thunderous applause.

"Very good, gentlemen. Now we have two more things to do then you can enjoy yourselves. Captain, would you do the honors?"

"Melody, I don‘t think..." started Chakotay.

"Oh don‘t worry guys, it‘s nothing like that. All you have to do is feed each other a piece of cake and then share a glass of champagne," said Melody.

Janeway came up behind the table and cut two pieces of cake. "All right, gentlemen. One at a time. Chakotay, you first," said Janeway as she handed Chakotay his piece.

"OK, Tom. Open up," said Chakotay as he put the cake into Tom‘s mouth. Tom closed his mouth and chewed out of self preservation as Chakotay tried to put more in his mouth.

"Tom, it‘s your time," said Janeway as she gave Tom his piece.

"Gladly, open up big man." said Tom as he put the cake into Chakotay‘s mouth. Chakotay found that he also had to close his mouth and chew as Tom reciprocated his earlier action.

The room once again burst into applause as both men were handed a napkin to wipe their mouths.

"OK guys, One more thing and your off the hook. Now I gave this part a lot of thought and I figured the old way is the best way. So each of you take a glass of champagne and cross arms," explained Melody as she crossed their arms then stepped back.

"Uhh Tom, your hurting my arm," said Chakotay painfully.

"That‘s what you get for being short big man," teased Tom.

"Cut it out, guys. There are children here," reminded Melody from behind them. They both looked out to see B‘Elanna and Harry holding Alaina and Garrick.

"Sorry, Melody. You ready Tom?" asked Chakotay as he looked into the younger man‘s eyes.

"Let‘s do it, Chakotay," said Tom as they tipped each other‘s glass to their lips and took a drink. Once again the room was filled with applause as they broke the embrace and finished their glasses.

"Congratulations! Gentlemen," said Captain Janeway as she came up to them and offered her personal congratulations. Everyone soon followed a Tom and Chakotay were surround with well wishes from the crew.

Several hours later Melody once again called for silence in the room full of people.

"Can I have everyone‘s attention, please! Thank you. I know I said that they were through with the traditions but there is one more thing that I want to do for the guys. Most everyone has gotten together and given you your presents which you will find in our quarters later but there is one that I wanted to give you now."

Melody walked to the back of the table then returned carrying a large cylinder. She stopped in front of Tom and Chakotay.

"Guys, I know that I have not always been the best daughter, but I really want you to know that when you made me a part of your family you gave me back my life that I was afraid my mother and brothers had destroyed. This is my way of showing you how much my new family means to me," said Melody as she gave the cylinder to Tom and Chakotay.

The both looked at her then Chakotay opened the top and pulled out a large piece of rolled up paper. He unrolled it, looking at it for a few minutes then up at looked at Melody. When his eyes meet Melody‘s they were filled with tears. He handed the paper to Tom and quickly pulled the young woman into his arms.

"Oh, Melody."

Tom looked up at Melody and his eyes were also filling with tears.

"Mel..." he said quietly as he pulled both of them into his arms.

"Would someone mind telling us what this is all about?" said Janeway.

Chakotay stepped back but kept his arms around Melody‘s waist. "Oh, I‘m sorry Captain. Here."

He handed the paper to Janeway and she saw what Melody had made for them. It was a colored pencil drawing of Tom and Chakotay, with Melody in between them and Alaina and Garrick to each side. It was a remarkably life like and Janeway could tell that Melody had a great talent for sketching.

"Melody, you did this?" she asked as she passed it to Tuvok.

"Yes, I used the holoimages that I took while we were on shore leave. I hope you like it?"

"Like it Melody! This is wonderful; this is the best kind of family portrait we could ask for. One drawn from the heart," said Chakotay as he pulled her into his arms again.

"Impressive," remarked. Tuvok as he looked at the drawing.

"Melody! That‘s wonderful!" said B‘Elanna.

"That‘s incredible, Melody," said Harry.

For the next several minutes the portrait was passed around and words of praises were bestowed on Melody.

"Well, that‘s only half of what I wanted to give you."

"Only half, Mel. I don‘t know how your going to top that!" said Tom.

"Well, actually it‘s not a gift it‘s a choice."

"A choice, I don‘t understand," said Chakotay.

"You and Tom have the choice of spending the night and tomorrow on the holodeck or lock in your quarters," said Melody with a smile.

Tom and Chakotay looked at each other then Chakotay got a gleam in his eye and answered quickly. "Well take the holodeck. Do you have a program planned or is it our choice?"

"Your choice. As of right now you are off duty for the next twenty four hours," said Melody. "Enjoy," whispered Melody as she kissed both men on the check.

"Thanks, sweet one. For everything," said Chakotay as he kissed her cheek then pulled Tom out of the mess hall to the amused laughter of everyone in the room.

"Come on, Chakotay. Are you going to tell me where were going?" asked Tom as he tried to keep up with the older man.

"No, you‘ll just have to wait and see," said Chakotay as the turbo lift doors closed behind them.

Oh boy," Tom murmured as the lift took them to the holodeck. There were thousands of years of programs that Chakotay could be thinking of running, and each promised more erotic possibilities than the last.

Would it be an exotic Middle Eastern harem of six hundred years ago? A leather bar in the San Francisco of the 1970‘s? The court of the last Tsar of Russia? The Kirk-era Federation? The antebellum South of before the American Civil War? Regency England? Revolutionary France? Risa?

Tom sighed in frustration. His thoughts were only the tip of the iceberg. Chakotay could be taking them anywhere or any *time* in the last thousand years. Trying to decide on the precise location and program was like trying to find the proverbial needle in a haystack, so Tom decided that he would stop speculating. Whatever program it was, it would be as wonderful as everything he did with Chakotay was.

Half an hour later, as he rode beside Chakotay on a brown pony, dressed in buckskins, with Chakotay beside him in unrelieved black, as was Chakotay‘s horse, he knew that his instincts had been right. They were in Tombstone, Arizona, in a program based on the twentieth-century movie of the same name.

They were not, as Captain James Kirk and his men had been almost a century ago, part of the legendary gunfight at the OK Corral, but merely visitors. As Chakotay put it, observers of the events, but not part of them.

Tom had been surprised to find that Chakotay had a holoprogram based on a Western movie, as some of those he had seen portrayed Native Americans in ways that were patronizing at best, racist at worst.

He was unable to keep from asking the question.

"Chakotay, this is wonderful, but I have to ask, why would you, of all people, have a holoprogram based on a Western movie?"

"You mean because of the...less than polite, shall we say, way that my people were treated in some of the movies of this type? Well, yes, there are those types, and I don‘t choose to watch or participate in them. But there are also some that either treat my people very well, such as Dances With Wolves, or, like this one, are not about my people, and I can enjoy this one and others like it as entertainment on their own merits or otherwise. And the scenery reminds me of home a little, as well."

"Well, then," Tom smiled, "I think we‘re going to miss the gunfight if we don‘t ride."

And with a look, they threw their horses into a fast canter, the holographic wind streaming through their hair as they rode.

They watched the action, mingling with the crowds at the Shakespearean play scene, and Tom nudged Chakotay when the scene turned to the party afterwards and the young cowboy and the handsome actor moved away to ‚talk‘ alone.

"You really think they‘re just going to talk?" Tom grinned at his husband.

"Oh, please, it‘s obvious they have something more going on. Look at the way the actor *looks* at him," Chakotay replied.

Their conclusion seemed to be borne out by the cowboy‘s reaction to the death of the actor later in the action, although nothing had ever been said overtly.

The next excitement in the action was the gunfight, which Tom and Chakotay watched from the safety of the saloon. The entertainment drew to its conclusion, and the men smiled as Wyatt Earp and his wife danced in the snow.

"That was great, Chakotay. Thank you for sharing this with me," Tom smiled at his husband, blue eyes twinkling under the hat.

"Thank you for experiencing it with me. It was even better than the time I ran this alone. Then again, I was alone pretty much all the time then. That was before you and I found each other. I hadn‘t wanted to play this program again since then, but I found it a little while ago, and remembering how much you like twentieth-century popular entertainment, I decided to save it for a special occasion. And here we are."

"Yes, here we are," Tom smiled. "I can‘t help wondering if you thought, even back when you put it aside for us, would *this* be the occasion?"

"I don‘t think I even dreamed of this occasion for a long time, even after we were first together. It wasn‘t that long after we first got together, and I honestly wasn‘t sure how long a proposition it was really going to be, that I found it."

"And it turned out to be a much longer proposition than either of us could have ever imagined," Tom smiled, moving toward Chakotay, the familiar look of desire and need playing over his fine features.

"You want something, cowboy?" Chakotay asked, teasingly, doing nothing to hide the growing bulge in his tight trousers.

Tom laughed, and asked, "Did you call me that so I wouldn‘t call you that?"

"No, why?"

"Oh, a while ago, when she needed someone to talk to about the whole Seska mess, not long after her death, the Captain told me about the time you rode off like a cowboy after her. I always liked that image, though I never told her, of course."

"You liked the idea of me riding off after *Seska*?"

"No, not that. I liked the image of you as a cowboy. I‘ve always had a bit of a thing for cowboys, especially in the movies."

"Hmmmm...I‘ll have to keep the costume then. Now...I think we have other things to attend to, don‘t we?" Chakotay pulled Tom to him for a deep kiss.

"Well, we *are* only a floor away from a bed," Tom murmured, "Don‘t you think we should take advantage of it? I really *don‘t* want to explain to the Holodoc about how if you‘re bent over a high bar it can play havoc with your back."

"Okay then," Chakotay grinned, gathering Tom in his arms and carrying him up the holographic staircase.

By the time they reached the top of the stairs, Tom was giggling helplessly over the shocked looks of the bar patrons. Chakotay was chuckling as well.

The laughter turned to soft moans of passion as clothing was stripped carefully from each body.

Tom lay above Chakotay, kissing everywhere that he could reach, drinking in the taste of his husband‘s skin. Chakotay groaned as the knowing tongue teased pleasure out of his sensitive spots, nearly screaming as Tom‘s teeth sank a little too deeply into his shoulder, sighing as the hurt was soothed with a gentle tongue. Tom moved over the plains of Chakotay‘s chest and stomach, poising for a moment above the hard flesh of his desire, giving Chakotay a wicked grin and a wink, and then taking him in to the root. Chakotay gasped, thrust once, and was overwhelmed by the orgasm ripping through his body, spilling down the throat that milked him of all that he had to give.

Chakotay recovered from the speed of his orgasm almost as quickly as it had ripped through him, and surged up, flipping Tom onto his back. He kissed Tom, almost savagely, sharing the taste of himself in the mouth that had recently pleasured him so explosively. Tom responded, moaning and writhing under the assault on his senses.

Chakotay made his way down Tom‘s body, stopping where he knew Tom liked him to. Tom responded with moans of ecstasy that sounded like his own name. Chakotay paused for a moment and realized that the moans were his name, Tom was calling for him in his deepest pleasure. Tom was so beautiful like this, flushed and writhing under him. And he tasted so *good*. Chakotay took a few more licks of the creamy/red skin, causing more moans and gasps, and a near scream as he engulfed Tom‘s straining erection, tasting the fluid leaking from the tip with a swirl of his tongue.

It took Tom a little longer than it had Chakotay, he wasn‘t quite as ready as his husband had been, but soon he was reaching his orgasm, a little more quietly than Chakotay had, simply letting out a deep groan at the moment of release.

"Happy anniversary," two voices chorused through yawns as they curled up together in the narrow bed, too tired even to order a larger one.

Two months later is was Chakotay and Tom‘s turn to plan a big blowout for Melody. They realized that they wanted to make it extra special for her after they discovered another childhood memory. She had been quiet for the last few days but they thought that if was because of the extra work she had been doing. Two months earlier they had celebrated Alaina and Garrick‘s first birthday, then last month she surprised them again with a big celebration for their second anniversary. In addition several of the crewmembers been getting sick or hurt recently so she was kept busy in sickbay helping the Doctor. It hadn‘t been until two days ago that they were told it was something else. Ian Daniels had found them during their lunch break in the mess hall.

"Commander Chakotay, Lt. Paris. May I talk to you for a minute about a personal matter?" asked Ian as he walked over to their table.

"Certainly, Ian. What about?" asked Chakotay.

"Well, it‘s Melody. She has been awfully quiet and distant for the last couple of days. I was wondering if something had happened at home?"

"No, everything‘s fine. How was she been acting?" asked Tom.

"It‘s almost like she‘s trying to hard to be good. She has been leaving everything we do up to me and never tells me what she wants anymore."

"That doesn‘t sound like her. Thank you for the information, Ian. Well talk to her and see what the problem is," said Chakotay.

"Thank you, sirs. Good bye," replied Ian then left.

"I wonder what‘s wrong, Cha? You don‘t suppose she‘s gotten sick do you?" asked Tom.

"No, sounds like she‘s more upset. Let‘s check the computer and see if we can find anything," suggested Chakotay as they finished their lunch.

After a quick search of the computer they discovered that it was almost Melody‘s birthday. They had missed it last year and they wondered if she thought they would forget again. They were talking to Janeway about how to make it special for her when they noticed how quiet she was. Usually after dinner she, Alaina and Garrick would play on the floor until time for their baths and bedtime. But tonight the twins played by themselves while Melody sat on the edge of the blanket and watched.

"Sweet one, what‘s wrong?" asked Chakotay as he came over beside her.

"Nothing," she answered quietly.

"Melody, you promised not to keep anymore secrets from us remember?" said Tom as he sat down beside Chakotay.

"OK, do you know what month it is?"

"Yes, it would be August," said Tom.

"Do you remember what happens in August?"

"It‘s your birthday, Melody. We check your computer file. Were sorry we missed it last year but..."

"I know, I was just wondering if you thought...that is if maybe we could have..."

"Could have what, sweet?" asked Tom.

"I was wondering if I‘ve been good enough this year to have a birthday party?" answered Melody shyly.

"Been good enough! Melody I‘m not sure I understand? Didn‘t you have a birthday party every year?"

"No, they always kept telling me I had never been good enough to deserve a party."

"Damn them!" yelled Chakotay.

"I‘m sorry, I‘ll try to do better. I promise!" cried Melody as she scurried to a corner of the room.

Tom and Chakotay just sat there staring at the young woman huddled in the corner crying. This strong, independent young woman was afraid she hadn‘t been good enough to deserve a birthday part. Chakotay took several deep breaths to calm the anger that was rising quickly inside him. Her mother and brothers had stolen so many things from Melody and now they discovered one more.

"Tom, why don‘t you take Alaina and Garrick into the nursery for now," suggested Chakotay as he watched Melody.

"Good, Idea. I‘ll call Kes to come and watch them while we take care of Melody," said Tom as he picked up the twins and carried them into the nursery. A few minutes later the door buzzed and Kes walked in and went straight to the nursery. After a few minutes Tom came out carrying a hypospray with a sedative for Melody. He had explained to Kes that Melody was very upset and might need something to calm her down so she had brought it with her. Tom walked slowly over to where Chakotay still sat staring at Melody with tears in his eyes.

"I had hoped we would never see that look from her again, Tom."

"I know, Cha. She had come such a long way. Kes brought her a sedative just in case," said Tom as he glanced over at where Melody was still huddled. She had pressed herself into one of the far corners and was quietly crying. They feared that at this moment she believed that they didn‘t want her anymore.

"Mel, honey. Look at us; we both love you very much. You know that don‘t you?" asked Tom as he knelt down in front of her and lifted her chin.

Melody slowly nodded her head, but never raised her eyes.

"I‘m sorry, Daddies. I promise I‘ll be good," she said softly.

"Oh, sweet one. You have been good. You have been the best daughter we could ever ask for," said Chakotay as he moved next to Tom.

"You mean it? I can have a party this year?" she asked finally raising tear-stained eyes to look at both of them.

"Yes, love. You can have the best party ever," said Tom as he pulled her into his arms.

Melody relaxed in his arms crying tears of relief. She had finally been good enough to get a party. Chakotay looked at two of the most precious people sitting in front of him and thanked the spirits once again that Melody was their daughter. When she finally stopped crying she looked up at the two men beside her.

"Can Aunt Kathryn, Aunt B‘Elanna and Harry come too?"

"Anyone you want can come, sweet one," said Tom as he leaned down and kissed her head. Melody sighed and leaned back against Tom‘s chest.

"Mel, were going to give you something to help you relax and sleep. OK?"

Melody‘s only answer was another sigh and a shake of her head. Tom looked over at Chakotay and watched as the older man gave Melody the hypospray. She instantly relaxed in his arms closing her eyes.

"Why don‘t you put her to bed while I call Kathryn?" said Chakotay as he got up and watched as Tom carried Melody into her room. Chakotay quickly commed the Captain asking if she would set up a meeting with the senior staff tomorrow plus Kes, Neelix, Ian Daniels and the Doctor. When he finished Tom was just coming out of Melody‘s room.

"Is she asleep?" he asked as he pulled Tom into his arms.

They both had been badly shaken by the realization that Melody had never had a simple child‘s birthday party. That was one of the childhood joys that everyone experienced. He once again wondered if they would ever undo all the damage that her family had caused.

"I can‘t believe they never gave her a birthday party!" said Tom angrily.

"I know, but based on what we know about them from Melody I‘m not surprised. They thought she was useless and made her feel that way. It‘s now up to use to undo the damage and show her how good she really is."

"Chakotay, let‘s make this one really special for her. Let‘s go all out, a ship wide celebration!"

"Whoa, slow down. Tom. We don‘t want to frighten her. How about we make it special with a few close friends and family," suggested Chakotay.

"I like that idea, let‘s include Ian too."

"I‘ve all ready thought of that. He‘ll be at the meeting tomorrow when we tell everyone our plans, so will Kes, Neelix and the Doctor."

"Great! Cha? I hate to say this about her family but it‘s a good thing they aren‘t waiting for her back in the Alpha Quadrant," said Tom quietly.

"I know, when I think of them and what they did to her. I think that if I ever saw them I would kill them," answered Chakotay as he leaned into Tom‘s arms. They stood there in each other‘s arms, thinking their love for each other and the young woman in the next room.

TBC