Title: Thrown Through Time

Authors: R. Mason & Joanne Collins

Codes: C/P, C/P/M (only once), M/I (implied)

Ratings: G – NC –17 (depending on where in the story)

Feedback: mchakotayparis@yahoo.com

Summary: See Chapter 1

Thrown Through Time

Chapter 26

As Melody‘s strength increased the frequency of the female visits decreased until the last week of Tom and Chakotay’s maternity leave Melody was at home by herself. Chakotay had started having to spend several hours a day in his office working on reports or evaluations to catch up. Tom was at home but had his nose buried in a computer PADD working on his reports or flight simulations.

It almost seemed like she had turned invisible, everyone seemed to be ignoring her. She knew that they were all busy doing their jobs, but every time she offered to help they told her she didn‘t have to and that she had the twins to take care of. Well there wasn‘t a whole lot to taking care of a two and a half month baby. You feed them when they cried. You changed them when they were wet and you put them to bed when they fell asleep. The in between time was driving Melody crazy. She had tried to tell Tom and Chakotay but all they did was "Yes, sweet," And go right on with whatever they were doing.

On Tom and Chakotay’s first day back on regular duty Melody cleaned their quarter completely then sat down on the couch to wait for them. She was going to see if they would let her take the twins out tonight. The Doctor had given them their six-week check up and said they were both healthy and that Melody was fit to go back to duty. Maybe if she brought up the subject while they were eating tonight she could start back to duty soon.

When Tom and Chakotay entered they found Garrick and Alaina in their playpen beside the couch with Melody lying down asleep. Chakotay picked up Garrick and took him to their bedroom while Tom knelt down in front of Melody.

"Mel, sweet? Are you all right?" asked Tom as he put his hand to her forehead.

Melody moaned slightly, then opened her eyes to see Tom kneeling in front of her.

"Hi, Tom. What‘s wrong?" asked Melody as she sat up. When she swayed slightly Tom reached over and steadied her with a hand to her arm.

"Mel?"

"Huh, Oh. I‘m OK. What time is it?"

"1730, why?"

"Oh my god, I need to get dinner before..."

"Relax, Melody. Chakotay and I will take care of dinner tonight. You just rest," said Tom as he bent to pick up Alaina, and then carried her to her bedroom.

Chakotay had just come out of the twin’s bedroom and was heading toward her.

"Chakotay, Do you think we could eat in the mess hall tonight. I‘ve been stuck in here for a long time now. I really could use some time off for good behavior."

"Are you sure, sweet one? You‘ve been extremely ill?" said Tom as he came out of the twin’s bedroom.

"Tom! I was pregnant not dying. Come on guys, I haven‘t gotten out of our quarters in almost two months now. I‘m going stir crazy in here!"

"All right, we can get in the mess hall tonight. But you need to eat something first."

"Deal! Let me get the twins ready then I‘ll get something to eat. You two can change while I‘m getting them ready. It may take awhile," said Melody as she kissed both of them then went into the twin’s bedroom.

Forty-Five minutes later Melody came out of the twin’s bedroom carrying two carriers. She walked over and put them down in front of Chakotay and Tom.

"Melody, what have you done to them!" exclaimed Chakotay as he looked down at the two babies encase in their plastic seat.

"Relax, Chakotay. They’re not hurt. It‘s a twentieth century carrying device to hold an infant instead of holding them in your arms. Would you watch them while I get something to eat?" said Melody as she went over to the replicator.

She ordered a tuna fish sandwiches and a glass of milk and took them to the table to eat while Tom and Chakotay stared at Garrick and Alaina. She couldn‘t helped but laugh at them, she hadn‘t known what their reaction would be when she saw them in the carriers. But she just didn‘t feel like carrying them and she knew that neither man wanted to ruin their clothes by holding a baby that spits up a lot. It seems there is a lot to be said for the way that her century took care of their children. At least in her time you could get things done without having to lung the child around everywhere you went. She finished her meal quickly then put her dishes in the recycler and went to save Alaina and Garrick from the stares of their fathers.

"Come one guys, lets get this show on the road," said Melody as she pick up their diaper bag and raised the handles on each carrier. Tom and Chakotay just stood there staring. "Hello, earth to Tom, Chakotay. Are you two going to eat or not?" asked Melody as she stood in front of them with her hands on her hips.

"Uhh, Oh. I‘m sorry, Mel. What were you saying?" said Tom.

"Oh for Pete’s sake. Pick up the handles and let‘s go before all the blood rushes out of your brains."

"Melody!" said Chakotay as he picked up the carrier holding Alaina.

"I‘m sorry, Daddy. But you looked so funny just standing there staring."

"No you’re not, Mel," said Tom as he picked up the carrier holding Garrick.

"You‘re right, I‘m not," said Melody firmly then left their quarters.

Both men stared after her then followed wondering what else Melody had in store for them tonight.

When they entered the mess hall it went totally quiet, as Melody led them to an empty table the noise started up again but at a softer level. Melody found and empty table close by and moved two empty chair closer so that Tom and Chakotay could put the twins carriers on the chairs.

"Thanks guys, why don‘t you go get something to eat while I wait here," said Melody as she sat down between the twins.

"Are you sure?" asked Tom.

"Would you two stop! Go, eat. Now!" said Melody as she pointed to the food line.

"Yes, ma‘am," said Chakotay as he kissed her cheek then left. Tom smiled at her and quickly followed.

Melody turned to look at the sleeping twins in carriers and smiled. "You know we are going to have our hands full with those two little ones. But don‘t worry; we‘ll get them trained. Eventually."

Just them Captain Janeway, B‘Elanna and Harry entered the mess hall and approached their table.

"Melody, how are you feeling?" asked Janeway as she sat down. "My, they seemed to have grown since I saw them last."

"I doubt that, Aunt Kathryn. You saw them two days ago," remarked Melody.

"Really, it seems longer than that. May I hold Alaina?"

"Certainly," said Melody as she unbuckled the baby then handed her to Janeway.

"There‘s our little lady," cooed Janeway.

"I‘d be careful, Captain. She is very loud when she is woken up suddenly," warned Tom as he sat down with his tray.

"Oh hush, Tom. I can handle a baby," replied Janeway. Just then Alaina let out a loud cry and Janeway began bouncing her on her shoulder.

"See," said Tom.

"She‘s probably hungry," said Melody as she reached down into their diaper bag.

"Oh, can I..." asked Janeway.

Melody sighed, and then handed the bottle to Janeway. "Sure."

A few minutes later several more people gathered around to watch Captain Janeway feed Alaina. Melody looked over at them, then sighed rising to her feet.

"What‘s wrong, Melody?" asked Chakotay.

"Nothing, Daddy. I just need to talk to the Doctor about something. I‘ll see you two later tonight."

"Are you sure your all right?" asked Tom.

"I‘m fine, really."

"But Melody..." said Chakotay as he pointed to Garrick.

"Don‘t worry, you‘ve got all the help you need?" said Melody as she left.

"What was that all about?" asked B‘Elanna as she looked up to notice Melody was gone.

Chakotay shrugged his shoulders. "I don‘t know."

Just then Garrick started crying and all thoughts of Melody were forgotten as everyone helped take care of the Chakotay-Paris babies.

Melody had stopped at the doorway and looked back at the table where her father‘s and sister and brother sat. Well, she guessed that settled that. All they wanted her for was to take care of the babies. No one wanted her around unless she had the babies with her. Sighing again she turned her back on the table and went to the only place where she really felt like she belonged.

That night started a trend that lasted two weeks before either Tom or Chakotay caught on. Melody would have the twins ready and waiting for them when they got home. Twenty minutes later they would be heading towards the mess hall to eat dinner, and an hour later Melody would disappear while the twins were being feed. She would all ways return after Tom and Chakotay had put them to bed and would go straight to her room. Tom and Chakotay would spend the rest of the evening working on reports or ships business.

One evening after Melody had returned the Doctor commed the Chakotay-Paris quarters.

"Sick bay to Commander Chakotay."

"Chakotay, here. Go ahead, Doctor."

"Commander, have you seen Melody recently? She scheduled an appointment tonight but canceled at the last minute."

"Appointment. For what?" asked Tom anxiously.

"Unknown, Lt. Paris. She just called and ask to see me, then canceled ten minutes before she was due to arrive," replied the Doctor.

"She‘s here now, hold on. I‘ll go check on her," said Chakotay as he got up and went into Melody‘s room.

Melody was lying on her bed with her eyes closed when Chakotay opened the door. He walked quietly over and felt her forehead. She didn‘t feel hot, but she also didn‘t seem relaxed either. Chakotay kissed her forehead, and then left the room.

As the door closed Melody opened her eyes and sighed. She had heard the Doctors call and wondered when someone was going too notice her again. She really didn‘t mind it though; Alaina and Garrick were adorable babies. Now that they were able to go almost five hours between bottles she was able to spend more time in her special place. So far no one had found her yet, she knew that it had been dumb to try and talk to the Doctor but she need to talk to someone. Maybe Tuvok could find some time for her tomorrow. She sighed again and rolled over to get PADD that was on her nightstand. She might as well read herself to sleep because that seemed to be the only way she got to sleep these days.

Outside in the living area, Chakotay closed the door behind him then walked over to Tom on the couch.

"She‘s all ready asleep, Doctor. Have you noticed any changes in her replicator usage?" asked Chakotay.

"No, Commander. The only oddity is her increase use of holodeck two," said the Doctor.

"Holodeck two? What program is she running?" asked Tom.

"Unknown, Lieutenant. I have tried to access it but she seems to have some sort of lock on that information."

"Thank you, Doctor. Well check on this and get back to you. Chakotay, out."

"Paris to Janeway," called Tom.

"Janeway, here. Go ahead, Tom"

"Captain, could you do us a favor tomorrow night?"

"Sure, Tom. What‘s wrong?"

"Were not sure, but it has to do with Melody. She seems to have a holoprogram that even the Doctor can‘t access."

"Do you think that‘s were she‘s been going every night?" asked Janeway.

"I‘m not sure, Captain. But is seems we will have to wait and find out tomorrow night. Well let you know what we find out. Paris, out."

"I‘m worried, Tom. Now that I think about it Melody has been awful quiet since we went back on duty," said Chakotay.

"You don‘t think she‘s sick again to you?"

"I don‘t know. It‘s all most like she is withdrawing from us now that we have the twins."

"Oh, God Cha. Don‘t say that. We can‘t lose her now, not after all we‘ve been through," said Tom as he jumped of the couch and started pacing.

Chakotay watched the younger man pace nervously back and forth. He knew how Tom felt; the thought of somehow losing Melody was like a knife in his heart. But he had a feeling that was what was happening. Every since she had started regaining her strength Melody had slowly distanced herself for them. It was almost like she has built a wall around herself and they weren‘t allowed in anymore. They had to find out what was wrong and fast, he and Tom had worked to hard to help Melody come to what she was now to lose her.

Chakotay came up behind Tom and put his arms around his waist. He lightly nipped on his ear whispering. "Don‘t worry, Tom. We wont lose her over this. I promise."

Tom turned in his arms and asked. "How can you promise that, Cha. We don‘t know what‘s wrong!"

"No, we don‘t, but we fought the Saterian government and endured an eighteen hour labor that ended in an emergency c-section. Whatever this, is we can handle it. Together."

Tom sighed and leaned into Chakotay‘s arms. "You‘re right, Cha. She just means so much to me."

"Me to, Tom. My life wouldn‘t be complete without you, Melody and Alaina and Garrick."

"Make love to me, Cha. Show me how much I mean to you," whispered Tom against his chest.

"Gladly," said Chakotay as he picked up the younger man and carried him to their bedroom to show his exactly how much he was loved.

Tom lay back and surrendered to the storm of passion Chakotay aroused in him. He gasped as large, warm fingers, coated with lubricant, breached his entrance. He pressed back, inviting deeper penetration.

The fingers, always careful, stroked the swelling inside Tom, driving him out of his mind, cries of passion wrenched from his throat.

Chakotay slicked lubricant on himself, continuing the probing of Tom with his other hand.

Tom made to turn over, but was stopped, so he hooked his legs over Chakotay‘s shoulders, positioning himself to be taken by his lover.

"Now?" Chakotay asked, drawing the exquisite torture out for just a moment longer.

"YES!" Tom growled, moving impatiently.

Chakotay entered him slowly, thrusting gently. He picked up the pace as Tom indicated that he was ready for more, capturing Tom‘s erection in his still-slick hand and moving on it in the same rhythm that he moved within Tom.

Tom gasped and moaned, coming with a scream. His muscles clamping on Chakotay‘s erection drew the other man‘s climax from deep within him, and Chakotay flooded Tom with his essence.

They collapsed, spent, onto the bed, eventually finding the energy to clean themselves before falling asleep.

The next morning after Tom and Chakotay left for their duty shifts Melody called Samantha and asked if she could watch Alaina and Garrick for a while. Naomi had been wanting to help take care of the twins for some time now, and they had let her help occasionally. But it had all ways been with Melody, Tom or Chakotay around. Now it was only going to be her and her mother. When they arrived at the Chakotay-Paris quarters it was a few minutes before Melody answered.

"Come," called Melody from the other room.

Samantha and Naomi entered to find Alaina lying in their playpen, when Melody a few minutes later carrying Garrick.

"Hello, Melody. How are you feeling?" asked Samantha as she took Garrick from Melody‘s arms.

"I‘m fine, Sam. Are you sure this isn‘t too much trouble," asked Melody.

"No trouble at all Melody, we are glad to help."

"Thanks, Sam. I‘ll be back as soon as I can. Thanks, again," said Melody as she left.

When Melody left Samantha and Naomi sat down on the couch and played with Garrick and Alaina. Melody quickly made her way to Lt. Tuvok‘s office and stood outside the door for a few minutes before pushing the call button. A few seconds later Lt. Tuvok called.

"Come,"

The door slide open and Melody stepped nervously inside. Tuvok was working at his desk when the door buzzed and looked up to see Melody standing before him.

"What can I do for you, Melody?"

"I was wondering if you had time...I mean I need to...could we talk for a while."

"Oh course, have a seat. Melody. What would you like to talk about?" asked Tuvok as he watched Melody shift in her chair. She seemed upset about something, and needed to talk.

"Every since the twins were born I‘ve been feeling a little lost, like I don‘t belong here anymore."

"Are you regretting the birth of Alaina and Garrick?" asked Tuvok.

"No! It‘s just that ever since they were born everyone has been so careful and cautious around me, like I‘m made of glass or something."

"You went through quiet a long and hard labor, Melody."

"I know that, but just because I‘ve had children I‘m not going to break. I feel like I‘m not..."

"Feel like what, Melody?"

"Like I‘m not a part of the crew anymore, just because I had Garrick and Alaina I‘m no longer useful anymore. I‘m sorry, I can‘t do this...." said Melody as she ran out the door.

Tuvok had noticed that Melody seemed to be withdrawing every since the delivery but he though it was the human condition of Post Natal Depression. He had no idea that Melody felt this way, but he could see her logic. Since the birth of the Chakotay-Paris twins Melody had not been on duty in sickbay or any of the other stations on Voyager. Commander Chakotay, Lt. Paris and Captain Janeway needed to be informed of this development.

"Lt. Tuvok to Captain Janeway."

"Janeway, here. Go ahead, Tuvok."

"Captain, may I speak to you Commander Chakotay and Lt. Paris on a personal matter?"

On the bridge Janeway, Chakotay and Tom looked at each other nervously.

"Oh course, Mr. Tuvok. I‘ll be in my ready room. Janeway, out."

They all three anxiously rose from their seats and left for the Captain‘s ready room to wait for Tuvok. Tuvok entered the bridge a few minutes later and went straight to Janeway‘s ready room. The door opened and closed quickly locking the four inside.

"Tuvok, what‘s this all about?" asked Janeway.

"I have reason to believe that a valued member of this crew is unhappy with her current position on Voyager."

"Why didn‘t she come to me?" asked Chakotay.

"Because it is your daughter, Commander. Melody just left my office a moment ago saying she felt she doesn‘t belong here anymore."

"That‘s crazy!" exclaimed Tom.

"On the contrary Lt. Paris. Since the birth of your children Melody has not been on duty in sickbay or as a replacement crew member."

"But she just gave birth," said Chakotay.

"That was over three months ago, Commander. Since that time she has only been taking care of your children."

"My god, he‘s right," exclaimed Chakotay. "We never asked her if she wanted to go back on duty after our maternity leave was over. We just assumed she would take care of Alaina and Garrick."

"An assumption that was well meant but wrong. Commander."

"How could I have been so blind, I should have seen..." murmured Chakotay quietly.

"One often doesn‘t see things because they are to close, or emotionally attached."

"That still doesn‘t make what we did right!" yelled Tom.

"No, it doesn‘t. Mr. Paris."

"I‘ll bet that‘s what the holoprogram is for, somewhere where she feels like she belongs," said Chakotay.

"What, Commander?" asked Janeway.

"Melody has been disappearing every night as soon as she knows someone will take care of Garrick and Alaina. We just assumed that she was working on some project and she would tell us about it when she was ready," explained Chakotay.

"The Doctor called last night and told us that Mel had tried to talk to him but canceled at the last minute. She‘s also been spending a lot of time on holodeck two and has another program that even he can‘t access," finished Tom.

"Computer, Locate Melody Chakotay-Paris?" asked Janeway.

"Melody Chakotay-Pairs is in her quarters," came the computer‘s reply.

"Janeway to Ensign Kim."

"Kim, here. Go ahead, Captain."

"Harry, it seems Melody has done it again. Can you access her personal holodeck programs and find a program that is encrypted for her only?"

"Working on it, Captain," replied Harry. A few minutes later he called back. "Captain, I‘ve found the program but it seems it has to be active before anyone can access it and she is the only one who can activate it. She‘s really out done herself this time, Captain," said Harry admiringly.

"Thank you, Mr. Kim. Gentlemen, it seems that you will have to wait until tonight to confront Melody about this. I suggest we keep our plans as they are and proceed from there," said Janeway.

"You‘re right, Captain," said Chakotay.

"Aye, Captain," answered Tom.

"All right, Dismissed. And don‘t worry gentlemen; I‘m sure Melody is all right. I‘ll see you both at 1700 in the mess hall. I‘ll take care of Alaina and Garrick, you two take care of Melody," said Janeway as they all reentered the bridge.

As usual Melody had Alaina and Garrick ready to go when Tom and Chakotay got off duty. While they changed into causal clothes Melody ate. After they arrived at the mess hall and were sitting at a table, Melody noticed that Janeway and Chakotay keep looking over at her more often. Once Alaina and Garrick were settled into someone‘s arms and being feed Melody got up and left. She looked back for a few minutes then left for the holodeck. Tom and Chakotay waited for five minutes before the nodded to Janeway and stood to follow Melody. As Janeway watched the two men leave she couldn‘t help but smile, Melody was certainly keeping their lives lively on Voyager for everyone.

A few minutes later Tom and Chakotay were standing outside holodeck two.

"Are you ready?" asked Tom.

"I‘m not sure, but let‘s do it anyway," said Chakotay as he pushed the COM button. "Melody, sweet one. We know you‘re in there. We need to talk to you."

TBC