Title: Thrown Through Time

Authors: R. Mason & Joanne Collins

Codes: C/P, C/P/M (only once), M/I (implied)

Ratings: G - NC - 17 (depending on where in the story)

Feedback: mchakotayparis@yahoo.com

Summary: See Chapter 1

Thrown Through Time

Chapter 13

That day set a pattern that Melody followed for six more days. Except for when she was answered the Doctors COM or was eating dinner with Janeway Melody spent all her time in Tom and Chakotay‘s bedroom chair. At dinner on the fourth day Janeway told Melody about Harry and B‘Elanna.

"How are thing around the ship?" asked Melody as she ate.

"Not real good. Harry and B‘Elanna seem to have developed the virus," said Janeway.

"I thought the Doctor said that it wasn‘t contagious?"

"It‘s not. It seems to have laid dormant in their bodies until now."

"Then why were Chakotay and Tom affected so fast?"

"The Doctor thinks it because their immune system was lower when they were on the planet."

"I knew they had been working to hard!"

"Don‘t blame yourself, Melody. There is nothing you could have done. Right now you need to concentrate on getting them better."

"You’re right, I’m sorry,"

"Oh course, I am. That‘s why I‘m the Captain. Now if you’re finished you need to get some rest young lady," said Janeway as she took Melody‘s plate.

"Yes, Ma‘am," said Melody as she stood up and headed towards her room. "Will you keep me up to date on how Harry and B‘Elanna are doing?"

"Sure, sweet. Now go, and rest," said Janeway as she watched Melody shuffle into her room.

She looked exhausted. Janeway was almost certain that she wasn‘t eating or sleeping very much when she was by herself. After a few minutes she went to check on her and found her asleep in the middle of the bed. Janeway covered her with a blanket then returned to the living room. Kathryn sat down on the couch, reaching for a PADD, then stopped.

"Janeway to Sickbay."

"Sick bay here, Go ahead Captain," replied the Doctor over the COM link.

"How are Harry and B‘Elanna doing?"

"There has been no change in their condition Captain."

"Acknowledged, keep me informed. Janeway out," said Janeway as she sighed and reached for the PADD.

When the computer beeped at 0300 on the sixth day Melody was all ready awake. She had been awake for several hours and couldn‘t get back to sleep. Even Tuvok‘s meditation techniques hadn‘t helped this time so when the alarm went off Melody just reached for the medical scanner and went to their bed. She quickly scanned Tom, and then scanned him again. His fever had finally broken some time during the night.

"Thank God. Your going to be all right now, Dad," said Melody quietly as she looked down at the man. He looked pale and thinner, but nothing more noticeable than that. She walked around to the other side and scanned Chakotay. The results were the same, both of their fevers had broken sometime during the night and they were going to be all right. She quickly kissed his forehead then went into the bathroom.

She had only allowed herself a quick towel bath, because she was afraid to be away from them for to long. Now that their fevers had gone, she could relax and have hot shower and a change clothes. After taking care of herself she decided that the guys needed a bath as well. They had been stuck in bed for almost a week now going from a very high fever to chills. She had washed them off as best she could when their fevers were high but now they needed a real good bed bath.

When she had gathered everything she needed she returned to their bedroom. The first thing she did was to take the sheets off the bed and throw them into the recycler. This turned out not to be as easy as it sounded. Even though Tom and Chakotay were on their way back to health, they were absolutely no help at all. Melody had to push them onto their sides and then pull the sheets under them. She had always thought that Chakotay and Tom were big men when they were awake, but now that they were asleep they were absolutely huge. When she finally got the bottom sheet tucked in she put a towel under Tom‘s legs and gave him his bath.

Melody did just fine as long as she stayed on his legs or arms, but after all the safe places were washed she had to take off his underwear. Melody knew what a man looked like; the Doctor had showed her a holographic image of an anatomically correct male when she was studying biology. But this was somehow different; this was Tom and Chakotay. Well, she had always been curious

as to what they both looked like and now was as good a time as any.

It was not like they were going to parade around for her once they were back on their feet. Taking a deep breath Melody pulled down Tom‘s underwear, then took them clear off. Tom was of average size when not aroused, but to Melody it still looked huge. It was lying soft against his left leg and Melody reached out cautiously to touch him. He was soft and slightly hairy but not all that bad.

She quickly shook her head and reached for the washcloth. Cleaning him quickly, she pushed his legs apart and began to clean between his legs. His balls were two medium size sacks of skin that w held his sperm making equipment. They were lightly covered in reddish blond hair and right now were hanging very low.

She wondered if they got hard when he was aroused, but knew she would never find out. Washing them quickly, she dried Tom off and rolled him onto his stomach. Melody made quick work of his back and soon had him clean and dry.

Next she moved over to Chakotay and repeated the same procedure on him. When she got to his private parts she noticed that Chakotay was a little bigger and had less hair. She guessed that had something to do with his Indian blood. When they were both clean and dry she put on the top sheet and covered them with the blanket.

All that work had gotten her hungry, so after she cleaned up the room she went to the replicator and got some orange juice and toast. Sitting in the chair, she ate quickly then read until she fell into an exhausted sleep.

Tom was the first to come back to awareness. His head hurt, his back hurt, hell everything hurt. The next sensation he felt was that he had to get to the bathroom. He rose up slowly onto his elbows and looked around. Tom struggled out of bed and head toward the bathroom, when he spied Melody asleep in the chair.

"Melody?" whispered Tom as he leaned over the chair touching her hair.

At his touch Melody jerked awake quickly standing up.

"Tom! What are you doing out of bed?" As she put her hand to his forehead. Tom pushed her hand away and took both of hers in his.

"I need to use the bathroom, Mel. What happened?"

"I‘ll explain later. Let‘s take care of you first," said Melody as she put her arm around his waist and helped him into the bathroom. She waited outside until he was finished then helped him return to bed. Once he was settled she sat down beside him on the bed.

"What‘s the last thing you remember?" asked Melody.

"Chakotay and I went down to the planet to look for minerals. We were down there two and a half days, and then we came back. Melody, what happened?" asked Tom as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Something down on the planet infected you and Chakotay with a viral infection. I found you both passed out running a high fever just after you came back."

"What about B‘Elanna and Harry?"

"They weren‘t infected right away. They‘re in sick bay now."

"Who took care of us?" asked Tom as he noticed Chakotay lying beside him.

"I did! The Doctor let me keep you both here. Why don‘t you rest now, and we‘ll talk some more later," said Melody as she gently pushed Tom back against the covers. She tucked him in, and then kissed him gently. "Good night, Dad."

Melody looked back at the bed one more time then called for nights out quietly closing the door as she left.

Two days later the Doctor released Tom and Chakotay to return to full duty. Melody tried to hide the fact that she was still having trouble sleeping but Tom and Chakotay were beginning to notice. Several times one of them heard her moving around in the living area, and one night they woke to find Melody asleep in their chair. At breakfast on the third morning Tom voiced his concern.

"I‘m worried about Melody, Chakotay. She doesn‘t seem to be sleeping that well," said Tom as he carried his tray to a table and sat down.

"Maybe we should talk to her," said Chakotay as he sat down.

"Good morning, gentlemen. You‘re both are looking well," said Janeway as she came over to their table.

"Captain," said Tom.

"Captain, how are B‘Elanna and Harry?" asked Chakotay.

"They‘re both fine. The Doctor will release them for duty tomorrow. Talk to who, Chakotay?" asked Janeway as she sat down across from him.

"Melody. Something is bothering her enough that she‘s not sleeping at night," said Tom as he looked at Janeway.

"Well I know she was really upset when the Doctor tried to take you both to sick bay," said Janeway.

"When was that?" asked Tom.

"Just after she found you. Didn‘t she tell you what happened?" asked Janeway as she put her cup down.

"She only told us that we had gotten infected by something on the planet and she took care of us in our quarters," replied Chakotay.

Janeway gave a little laugh. "Boy did she gloss over the high points."

"What do you mean, Captain?" asked Tom.

"As soon as the Doctor released her from her physical therapy she went straight to your quarters and found you both out cold, running a high fever. She commed the Doctor, then he called me and we found her nearly hysterical. When he suggested we beam you to sick bay she started screaming that we couldn‘t take you away or she would lose you. We finally got her calmed down, and I convinced the Doctor to let her take care of you both in your quarters."

"Melody spent seven days locked in your quarters taking care of you both. I checked on her every night, but I don‘t think she got much rest."

"We had no idea she did all that!" said Chakotay as he looked from Janeway to Tom.

"You should read the Doctor‘s report. He was very impressed with the care Melody gave you both. Don‘t under estimate her, Chakotay. She‘s a strong young woman," said Janeway as she put her hand over his.

"I guess we really do need to talk to her," said Tom as he heard Chakotay‘s COM badge beep.

"Sick bay to Commander Chakotay."

"Chakotay here, Go ahead."

"Commander, you and Lt. Paris are needed in sick bay," said the Doctor. Both men looked at Janeway as they rose to leave.

"Go ahead, I‘ll handle the bridge until you get through. Now go," said Janeway as she waved both men away.

"Thank you, Captain," said Chakotay as he followed Tom out of the mess hall.

Tom and Chakotay arrived in Sickbay only minutes after the Doctor had called. As they entered they saw Melody laying on a biobed with Kes standing beside her. Tom headed towards her, as Chakotay went to the Doctor.

"Doctor, what happened?"

"Commander, Tuvok found Melody in the observation lounge and could not wake her," replied the Doctor.

"Doctor," called Kes.

The Doctor and Chakotay went over to her bed to find Melody in a small seizure. The Doctor quickly snatched a hypospray from the near by tray and injected the medicine into Melody‘s neck. After a minute the seizure stopped and Melody slowly opened her eyes.

"Hi, Mel. How do you feel?" asked Tom as he gently stroked her forehead. Melody looked up at the worried faces of the two men standing above her and gave a weak smile.

"I‘m sorry, I shouldn‘t have..." started Melody

"No. Listen to us, Melody. You need to take it easy and rest," said Chakotay as he took her hand.

"I can‘t, you and Tom will..."

"We’re fine, sweet. The Doctor checked us both over, remember?" said Tom

Melody looked at Chakotay, then at the Doctor.

"They’re fine, Melody. Thanks to your excellent care," said the Doctor.

"He‘s right, Melody. We’re fine. You took care of us. Now let us, take you care. OK?" said Chakotay as he stroked her forehead.

"You promise?" asked Melody weakly.

"Yes love, we promise. Now you rest and we‘ll take care of you now," said Tom.

Melody gave a sigh then closed her eyes as she felt Chakotay rubbing her forehead. Both men looked down at Melody then at the Doctor.

"She‘s just asleep, Commander," said The Doctor.

"When can we take her home?" asked Tom as he looked back

"I‘d like to run a few more test on her to make sure she is stable. You should be able to take her home tomorrow morning." replied the Doctor.

"Take care of her Doctor," said Chakotay as he walked back over beside her bed. He looked down at the young woman on the bed then leaned down. "I love you, sweet one," he whispered.

He looked at Tom and said. "I‘ll go tell the Captain what happen," then he left. Tom walked back over to the biobed and sat down.

The next morning Chakotay and Tom took Melody home to their quarter, settling her on the couch.

"Guys, you don‘t have to fuss over me," said Melody as Chakotay tucked a blanket around her.

"Yes we do. You spend six days taking care of both of us and now it‘s our turn. So be quiet and enjoy it," said Tom as he handed her a mug of hot tea.

"All right, all right. I won‘t argue this time. But what happens tomorrow?"

"Kathryn said we could each work half a day shifts until you‘re better," replied Chakotay.

"And when will that be?" asked Melody.

"When the Doctor say so," replied Tom.

"Melody, what did you mean when you said that you couldn‘t go to sleep or something would happened to us?" asked Chakotay as he stood at the edge of the couch.

"Oh, I had hoped you‘d forgotten about that," said Melody with a smirk.

"No, such luck. Now come on, sweet. What did you mean?" asked Tom.

"When you were both sick I dreamed if I fell asleep something would happen to both of you and I wouldn‘t hear you and you both would die."

"Oh, sweet. I‘m sorry," said Tom as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Did you get any sleep at all, Melody?" asked Chakotay.

"A little. When Aunt Kathryn was here I didn‘t have the dreams. I knew she couldn‘t stay all the time so the rest of the time I was alone."

"I‘m sorry, sweet one," said Chakotay as he started to rub her back.

"You know I wish I could promise you that nothing would ever happen to us, but I can‘t."

"I know, Daddy. I really understand. It‘s just that you both have always been the strong ones. Then when you both got so sick, I guess I panicked," explained Melody

"Well do us a favor. Next time ask for help. There are a lot of people on this ship who care about you. OK?" said Chakotay as he pulled back to look at her face.

"I will, I promise," said Melody as she leaned over and kissed both of them on their cheek.

"Good. Now, how about some dinner?" asked Tom.

"Great. I‘m starving."

"What would you like?" asked Chakotay as he stood up.

"How about some macaroni & Cheese with a soda."

"Make it milk and you‘ve got a deal," said Tom as he started towards the replicator.

"Tom!"

"It‘s either that or water, Melody. The Doctor said you hadn‘t been eating right either," replied Chakotay.

"That‘s not fair!" exclaimed Melody.

"Fair or not, that‘s the deal," replied Tom.

"All right, all right. I give," said Melody as she took the blanket from around her waist.

Chakotay helped her to the table, while Tom got her food. When she was halfway finished Melody looked up from her plate.

"Guys, I‘ve been thinking about something Aunt Kathryn said while you were sick."

"What Mel?" asked Tom as he continued to eat.

"She asked if I was keeping a personal log?"

"Well, are you?" asked Chakotay.

"Yes, but I think I might need to let you both see it."

"Why‘s that, sweet one?" asked Chakotay.

"Well, some of the things I talk about on it are things you both really need to know, but I don‘t really feel comfortable talking to you about them."

"Well, if you‘re sure that‘s what you want Mel," said Tom

"I am, I don‘t have the guts to talk to you about it to your face."

"Then I suggest that you finish you food and go to bed so we can watch it tonight," said Chakotay as he saw Melody covering a yawn.

"Yes, sire."

A few bites later Melody rose from the table and walked to her bedroom.

"Good night Tom, Chakotay."

"Night, Mel."

"Good night, sweet one."

Tom watched her leave then cleared the table as Chakotay got Melody‘s log disk and set up the vid player on the coffee table.

"I‘m going to check on her. I‘ll be right back," said Tom.

He went into her room to find her curled up, all ready asleep. Tom tucked the blanket around her, and then returned to the living area.

"Is she all right?" asked Chakotay.

"She‘s all ready asleep," answered Tom as he sat down beside Chakotay on the couch.

"Computer start playback," said Chakotay, then the screen came to life.

******************Personal Log; Melody Hanley*************************

A picture of Melody appeared on the screen. She was sitting at the desk, with her hands in her laps.

"Tom and Chakotay showed me how to use this thing today and said that I should start keeping a log in it. I think they meant like a diary or journal but instead of writing things down you talk to this thing. I really would be more comfortable writing things down but Tom says that I‘ve got to start getting used to doing things their way now. I guess it‘s the old saying, "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Any way, this is my first log since I‘ve gotten here. I have no idea what month or day it is. Chakotay tried to explain the way they keep the dates here but I just don‘t understand.

"Well, I guess the first thing I should do is explain how the hell I got here. I‘m not totally sure I understand it all but here goes. My last memory was of the shuttlecraft Phoenix. We had just completed our last orbit around the moon when all of a sudden all hell broke loose. Lights started flashing and alarms blaring. NASA called saying that they showed us suffering complete system failure, and we would have shut down in sixty seconds. David tried everything he could to abort the shut but nothing helped. Finally NASA ordered us to abandon the shuttle and get to the life pods. Since there were seven of us and only five life pods we all knew that someone would have to stay behind.

"I guess the old saying is true, the Captain always goes down with the ship because the next thing I know David and Peter are keying up the life pods. They ordered Larry, Joe, Thomas, Scott and I into the pods and launched us into space. I‘m pretty sure they activated the homing beacon so someone from earth could pick us up. The last thing I remember is seeing David‘s face as he closed the lid to my pod. He gave me a *A-OK* sign, then the gas started hissing in and every thing went blank after that."

"It turns out that somehow my life pod was caught in some sort of spatial anomaly and I was thrown through time and ended up in the twenty fourth century in the Delta Quadrant. Not only the wrong time, the wrong place as well. Can you believe that! Any way, it seems I‘m in some strange place called the Delta Quadrant, 70 thousand light years from earth. Wouldn‘t you know it? I guess my mother was right, she always told me that if it weren‘t for bad luck I would have no luck at all.

"But I think that might have change when I found Voyager, or better yet. Voyager found me. Harry said that I showed up as a strange reading on one of their scans. It‘s a good thing Captain Janeway is a scientist and was curious or I still would be floating around in that little life pod.

"Anyway, they found me, brought me on board and figured out how to wake me up. At first I was scared to death. You know how you feel when you wake up from a long sleep, still a little fuzzy; well that‘s how I felt for a long time. I could hear, see and sort of understand what they were saying to me but I couldn‘t seem to say anything.

"When I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was three faces standing above me. The next thing I know I‘m on the floor. I guess my self-preservation instincts kicked in after that because I was in huddling in the corner before anyone could touch me. But I will say one thing; I really surprised them with that move. Surprised the hell out of me too, for that matter.

"I had hoped that those instincts had been forgotten, or at least unlearned a little, but I guess not. Any way that‘s when I met Chakotay. I didn‘t know who he was at first but for the look on his face I could tell he was concerned about me.

"Captain Janeway, The Doctor and Kes were there to but it was Chakotay who first approached me. He was holding out a blanket for me and saying something about how I seemed cold. I have to admit I must have looked frightening. Mornings are not the best time for me anyway, and sitting huddled in that corner I must have looked awful. Anyway, I let him come close to me and he put the blanket around my shoulders then held his hand out to me.

"My first instinct was to slap his hand away and stand on my own, but by then I was starting to get dizzy and sleepy so I took his hand and he pulled me to my feet. The next thing I know I‘m on my way down again, damned if I keep forgetting about my blood pressure. I‘m sure that little roll off their bed dropped it to rock bottom.

"Any way the last thing I remember was seeing him reach for me before I hit the floor. He must have caught me because when I woke up again I was on the bed and I didn‘t have any bruises.

"Well, that‘s all for now. End Log"

Tom and Chakotay sat there looking at each other, when the screen blinked again.

"Stop playback" said Tom as he leaned over and turned off the vid player.

They rose from the couch and together went to Melody‘s room. She was lying peacefully asleep with her duck. Tom remembered replicating it for her the first week she started having nightmares. She had been asleep on the couch and he heard her mumbling something about a stuffed duck. He searched the historical database for nearly an hour before he found the reference that he wanted. Tom replicated her one and left it on the couch beside her. When she woke up, she was clutching it in her arms. The look on her face when she realized what it was, was priceless.

He wished again that they could always make her happy. Since then she always slept with it. Later Melody had told her that her grand mamma had made it for her while she was living with her. She died when she was four and a half, and it was the only thing her mother let her bring.

It was really a shame that she had only four years of happiness before the abuse started, but now she was finally getting over that. Her nightmares have almost completely stopped, and with the help of everyone she was slowly working her way back into the world of people. Melody had a lot to be proud of and Tom and Chakotay were perhaps the most proud. Even with every thing that has happen to them, all the good and the bad, Melody has proven herself to be strong.

Chakotay quietly went to the side of the bed and straightened the covers. "Sleep well, sweet one. Always know that we love you," he said as he lightly brushed her cheek with the back of his hand.

"I love you, Mel," whispered Tom as he kissed her forehead.

They looked once more at the young woman asleep in the bed then turned and left for their own bed.

"Tom," Chakotay whispered as they undressed, "Let‘s make it quick tonight. Just in case Mel wakes again."

"Okay, Computer sound proof this room," Tom agreed. Chakotay engulfed Tom, as they lay on the bed, tongue and lips busy. Tom gasped and thrust into Chakotay‘s mouth. After a few moments, Tom‘s body shook as he emptied himself down the willing throat of his lover, stifling his moans of release.

"You taste good," Chakotay whispered to Tom.

"Thank you," Tom whispered, moving to grasp Chakotay‘s erection. "Now, what can I do for you?"

"Just keep doing that if you like...ohhhh,‘ Chakotay moaned. Chakotay thrust into Tom‘s grasp, loving the play of Tom‘s fingers over him. Tom did something creative, and Chakotay groaned, quietly, with his release.

Chakotay looked at Tom as he came back to himself, seeing the expression of peace that he loved on his lover‘s face. It had been a hard road to get Tom to this place, but he had done it. It would be much easier for the two of them to do it for Melody, because they would be together.

TBC