Title: Thrown Through Time

Authors: R. Mason & Joanne Collins

Codes: C/P, C/P/M (only once), M/I (Implied)

Ratings: G - NC - 17 (depending on where in the story

Feedback: mchakotayparis@yahoo.com

Summary: See Chapter 1

Thrown Through Time

Chapter 11

Compared to the previous months the next few weeks were a whirlwind of activity. Voyager encountered a space anomaly and numerous alien attacks that knocked out or damaged several major systems. Captain Janeway, Chakotay, Tom and Tuvok spent most of their time on the bridge while Harry and B‘Elanna were down in engineering. Even the Doctor and Kes were busy in sickbay so no one had much time to spend with Melody.

She had tried to help as best she could, but mostly she just ended up staying out of everyone‘s way. She watched quietly as Chakotay and Tom worked 20-hour days, only to return to their quarter to sleep for a short four hours then start it all again. Melody tried to talk to them about her concerns one morning at breakfast.

"Chakotay, Tom. Can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Melody as she sat down.

"Sure, sweet one. What about?" asked Chakotay as he sipped his tea.

"Guys, I don‘t know how to say this but I‘m getting worried about you both. You‘re working too hard," said Melody.

"Mel, we‘re Voyager‘s command crew. We have to keep the ship going," said Tom.

"Not by spending twenty hours a day on the damn thing."

"Sometimes that‘s what it takes, Melody," replied Chakotay as he reached over and put his hand over hers.

"Then let me help. I know I can‘t fly the ship, but I can help. With reports and stuff like that," said Melody.

"That‘s our job, Melody." Replied Chakotay softly

"But you‘re not doing it, are you. You‘re spending so much time on the bridge and in meetings, or working on repairs that you haven‘t even looked at your reports or appointments," said Melody.

"That‘s enough, Melody! If you have a suggestion or complaint go through the proper channels. Right now we have to get to the bridge, we‘ll discuss this later," said Chakotay as he got up and left.

Tom got up and came over beside her. "I‘m sorry, Mel. I know it‘s been hard on you but it will all blow over soon and things will get back to normal. I promise," said Tom as he kissed her on the head then left.

"Oh hell! Proper channels Huh..." said Melody as she threw down her napkin then went over to the computer.

The rest of the afternoon Melody researched the computers database for the proper channels, then worked out a plan to help Chakotay. The next morning Melody sent an official request for an appointment with Commander Chakotay at 1800 the next day. Before her appointment Melody worked out the proposals on a PADD with the pros and cons along with her reasons.

She was prepared for any argument that Chakotay could throw at her. But the day of her appointment Melody arrived at his office only to find a locked door, a few minutes later the "red alert" siren went off. She returned to their quarters and rescheduled their appointment.

Again when Chakotay didn‘t show for their appointment, Melody took the next step. She sent an official request to the Captain to meet with the command staff during their morning briefing to discuss her proposals. Captain Janeway approved and Melody was scheduled to meet with the command staff the next morning.

The Next morning at the briefing Janeway brought up Melody‘s request.

"If that‘s all the ship‘s business gentlemen, Melody has requested that she speak to us on a matter," said Janeway.

"What does she want, Captain?" asked Harry.

"I don‘t know, but she seemed very concerned about it. Janeway to Melody," called Janeway.

"Melody here, Captain." Replied Melody over the COM system. She had been waiting nervously for her call all morning.

"Report to the Captain‘s Ready Room."

"Aye, Captain. Melody out," replied Melody

Melody quickly left their quarters and hurried to the turbo lift. This would be only her second time on the bridge and it wouldn‘t do for her to keep Captain Janeway and the others waiting. So holding the PADD containing her proposals tightly in her hand, she called for the lift to take her to the bridge. When the turbo lifts opened, she saw new faces looking at her and with a quick breath she crossed the bridge and went to the Janeway‘s ready room. A few minutes later the ready room door buzzed.

"Come," called Janeway.

Melody entered and stood in front of the table, beside the Janeway.

"Go ahead, Melody." Said Janeway as she watched the young woman beside her.

She knew even though that everyone here was someone she trusted Melody was still nervous. Whatever it was was really important to Melody, and Janeway couldn‘t help but admire the young woman‘s courage in standing here before them. Up until now Melody had been trying her best to blend into Voyager and not make waves. Now she was beginning to take tentative steps to try to become a part of Voyager not just Tom and Chakotay‘s daughter. Even though she wasn‘t sure how this was going to work out she was very proud of Melody for having the guts to at least try.

"Thank you, Captain. I would like to put two proposals before you this morning. The first one being that I take on some of Commander Chakotay‘s reports and the scheduling of appointments so that he will have more time to take care of his administrative duties. Second, when I have completed my schooling, I would like to learn some of the ship‘s stations to help when someone is ill or hurt.

"I propose that I temporarily take their place until they are able to come back to work. That way Voyager would not be short handed and fewer people would have to work double shifts."

"That‘s a good idea, Melody. Why don‘t you get with Lt. Tuvok when your studies are finished? As far as your first proposal, I think we will leave that in the hands of Commander Chakotay," said Janeway as she looked over at her first officer.

He had sat quietly through Melody’s whole presentation, not making a sound or facial gesture but she knew him well enough to know that this was something that had upset him. She just hoped Melody had the gust to face up to him if this was something she really wanted to do. Janeway had a feeling that this wasn’t going to be easy on either of them.

"Agreed, Captain," said Chakotay as he looked at Melody.

Melody had seen Chakotay cringe when she made her first proposal and the look on his face told now told her that he was mad. She hadn‘t wanted to go over his head but she was worried about him. Janeway look at the people before her and said. "Dismissed,"

Harry, B‘Elanna, Kes, Neelix and Tuvok rose from their seats and left the room quietly smiling briefly at Melody as they passed.

"Melody, I think this subject is best discussed in our quarters. Please go, and wait for us there," said Chakotay quietly.

"Yes, sir," said Melody as she looked at both men then left.

"Tom, I think you should go to our quarters and wait for me there," said Chakotay as he rose and faced the window.

"Chak, why don‘t we..."

"Tom, if I talk to her now I‘ll say something we will both regret later. I need to calm down before I see her again,"

"All right, Chak," said Tom then he left.

Chakotay sat back down in his chair and tried to calm down. Melody had gone over his head and spoken to the Captain about something that should have been taken care of by him. He knew he had to get his temper under control before he saw Melody. Ten minutes later Chakotay had himself under control enough to leave the ready room and go to their quarters. Tom was sitting at their desk when Chakotay came in.

"Where is she? Tom," asked Chakotay as he sat down on the couch.

"In her room. Now look, Chakotay. She only did this because she cares about you," said Tom as he came over beside him.

"I know that, Tom. It‘s the way she did it that I object to. Melody, come here," called Chakotay.

Melody walked slowly out of her room and sat in front of both men on the coffee table.

"Melody, do you understand why I‘m upset with you?" asked Chakotay.

"I think so. You‘re mad because I went over your head and talked to Aunt Kathryn," replied Melody.

"Why, Melody? What made you do it?" ask Chakotay. "I know you learned about Starfleet‘s protocol and procedures."

"First of all, I tried all your damn Starfleet regulations and they didn‘t work. Second, if you would look at you appointment register once in a while you would have seen that I followed your stupid protocol. It was you that broke our appointments, Twice. And third, third. I only did it because I was worried about you and I...I love you," cried Melody as she looked at both men, then ran out of their quarters.

Tom and Chakotay watched as the doors closed behind her. Tom got up and went over to the computer terminal. He punched some buttons, with a groan at the computer terminal he sat down in the chair.

"Chakotay, I think you ought to come take a look at this," called Tom.

Chakotay looked up at the man then slowly walked over to the desk. He looked at the computer screen, and then leaned heavily on the desk.

"Oh spirits, she was right. Melody scheduled two appointments with me before she made the request to the captain."

"Do you want me to go talk to her?" asked Tom.

"No, I think I‘d better do this myself. Computer. Locate Melody Hanley?" asked Chakotay.

"Melody Hanley is on holodeck three," said the computer voice.

"Good luck, Chakotay. Remember, she did it because she loves you," said Tom as he put his arms around Chakotay.

"I know, Tom. Sometimes I just wish all this was easier on her," answered Chakotay as he leaned in towards Tom.

"She‘s adjusting quiet well, for the most part."

"Let‘s just hope we can do as well as she seems to be. I‘ll see you later," said Chakotay as he leaned in for a quick kiss then left. He went to holodeck three, to Tom‘s beach house program.

Melody sat pushing more sand into the pile she all ready had. She had been here for almost ten minutes and she all ready had a pile that was as tall as she was. Melody set the shovel and pail down then started beating the sand with her fists. She had messed up big this time.

Tom and Chakotay had been working to hard for the last week. She had tried to talk to them, but all they would say was that it was their jobs then leave. We’ll it wouldn‘t help Voyager any if they worked themselves sick. The only solution she could think of was to talk to Captain Janeway.

She had told Melody that she would not order Chakotay to let her help, but she would allow her to bring her proposal before the next staff briefing. If Melody made the suggestions in front of others maybe Chakotay would see what good idea it was and let her help.

Well that had backfired royally. Instead of seeing it as a good idea he had taken it as a slight on his position. Chakotay had all but accused her of taking his job away from him. When the pile was beaten down to nothing, Melody started pushing it into another.

Chakotay had searched the house and was now searching the beach outside. He had been looking for ten minutes and he was beginning to get worried. The computer had insisted that Melody was on holodeck three, he was about to ask again for Melody‘s location when noticed her digging in the sand. She looked like she was really intent on finding something.

Chakotay walked over to watch her. Now that he took the time to think about it he realized that Melody was right. He and Tom had been spending too much time on the bridge and he was getting behind on his reports and appointments. He got up and walked over behind her.

"Melody," said Chakotay softly.

Melody stopped digging and just sat there with her head down; Chakotay came around in front of her and squatted down.

"Sweet one, I need to talk to you," said Chakotay as he lifted her chin.

"Why, so you can yell at me some more?"

"I‘m sorry about that, Melody."

"Oh, Chakotay. I‘m sorry, I‘ll never do it again," cried Melody.

"Sweet, I hope you never stop caring about Tom and I."

"I don‘t understand. I thought you were mad about what I did?"

"I‘m not mad at what you did, sweet one. Just the way you did it."

"But I followed regulations!" said Melody.

"I know sweet, it‘s not about whether or not you followed the regulations. It‘s about how you did it. Melody, you have to understand. Here on Voyager I am the one the crew comes to with a complaint or suggestion. By going to the Captain with your proposals it looked like I couldn‘t handle my job," explained Chakotay.

"Oh Chakotay, I sorry. I didn‘t mean to circumvent your authority," said Melody as she got up.

"It‘s all right Melody, I know you were just concerned about me," said Chakotay as he came over beside her. "Sweet one, Tom and I have been talking about something for several weeks now and well this is probably as good a time as any. Melody, Tom and I would like you to be a part of our wedding?"

"Chakotay, that‘s wonderful, but don‘t you think B‘Elanna or Harry would be more appropriate?" asked Melody.

"We’re not talking about the best men, Melody. Tom and I want you to take part in the ceremony."

"What other part is there?"

"We want you to become our daughter. I know that it‘s not going to be legal, but as far a Voyager is concerned you would be our daughter," said Chakotay as he took her hands.

"Oh Daddy! I would be honored to become your daughter, legal or not," replied Melody as she hugged him.

"Good. Now how about we go find Tom and let him know."

"Wait a minute, I thought you said you and Tom had discussed this all ready?" said Melody as she stepped back.

"We have, sweet one. Kathryn informed me before I came to find you that Tom and I have the next forty-eight hours off. She said we needed to rest and make up for all the time we were away from you."

"Wonderful. Can we stay here? I know you both need some time alone but..."

"Melody, we can spend it any where you like."

"Thanks, Daddy. You‘re the greatest," said Melody as she hugged him again. "Come on, I‘ll race you. Last one home cooks dinner."

Melody released Chakotay and ran towards the beach house as fast as she could. She almost made it to the patio door before Chakotay grabbed her and picked her up.

"Got you," yelled Chakotay as he threw her over his shoulder.

"Chakotay! Put me down. You don‘t play fair!" exclaimed Melody as she grabbed the back of his uniform.

Chakotay opened the doors of the holodeck and carried a kicking and laughing Melody down the corridors to their quarter. The startled crewmembers they past just smiled and quickly went back to whatever they were doing.

Since Melody had come on board Voyager Commander Chakotay and Lt. Paris had become a lot more openly affectionate and playful. It was a nice change in their First Officer and Con Pilot. Even Captain Janeway and Lt. Tuvok had changed. One thing was for certain; the young lady was definitely good for Voyager.

Thirty minutes later the trio returned to the holodeck and settled in for some quiet quality time. After a light meal, Melody went out on the beach to play in the sand, while Chakotay and Tom took the opportunity to cuddle on the couch. Several hours later when Melody returned they were still lying in each other‘s arms asleep.

"You know you guys do have a room for that," said Melody as she lightly shook them.

At her voice Tom and Chakotay jerked apart, sitting up suddenly.

"Oh come on guys, Surely your not that embarrassed to be caught cuddling," laughed Melody at the expressions on their faces.

"We‘re sorry, Mel. We must have been more tired than we realize," said Tom as he rubbed his eyes.

"Would you two quit apologizing for everything? Go to bed, and we‘ll talk tomorrow."

"But, Melody..." said Chakotay.

"Chakotay! I‘m perfectly capable of taking care of myself. Now go to bed, unless you want to sleep on the couch. Because if you fall asleep again I‘ll be damned if I‘m going to carry you two to your bedroom."

"Melody!" exclaimed Chakotay.

"You know I am old enough to cuss, Chakotay," replied Melody as she stood in front of him with her hands on her hips

"Not around us, sweet one," he replied softly

"All right, I‘ll try to remember."

"Are you sure, Mel?" asked Tom

"Tom!"

"All right, all right. Come on Chief, let‘s go to bed," answered Tom as he stood and pulled Chakotay off the couch.

"Good night, guys. Sweet dreams," called Melody as they left the living room.

Melody watched their door close, and then went to retrieve the puzzle she had replicated several days ago.

Tom and Chakotay slept until the middle of the morning, only to find Melody laying in the middle of the living room floor with a puzzle half finished. Chakotay smiled, walking over to her and shook her gently.

"Now look who needs to be carried to bed," said Chakotay jokingly.

"What time is it?" asked Melody sleepily as her rolled onto her back.

"1020. Did you spend the whole night on the floor?" asked Tom

"I guess I did, I sort of lost track of the time."

"Do you want to eat first, or go back to bed?" asked Chakotay as he helped her up.

"Eat first," said Melody wincing as she rose from the floor. "Maybe by then my back will stop hurting."

"We could get a muscle relaxant from the Doctor for you," said Tom.

"No, thanks. I think food. Then maybe a swim will help," replied Melody.

"All right, lets go," said Chakotay.

Tom replicated a breakfast of fruit, breakfast rolls, and coffee for them, plus a coke for Melody. After a quick shower Melody and Chakotay came out of their rooms and sat at the table.

"Are you ever going to show me how to help with your reports?" asked Melody as she ate.

"As soon as we get back. This is suppose to be a relaxing holiday remember?" answered Chakotay.

"OK, I‘ll hold you to that."

"You can count on it. Now why don‘t you and Tom go get ready while I clean up," said Chakotay as he took the plates to the recycler.

"All right, but you have to promise not to laugh."

"Laugh at what, Mel?" asked Tom.

"My swim suit. The last one I wore was on the holodeck. Aunt Kathryn to help me replicate this new one."

"We promise, sweet one. Now go get dressed so we can swim before it gets too hot," replied Chakotay.

"Yes sir!" answered Melody as she hurried to her room.

Tom followed slowly, while Chakotay put the last of the dishes in the recycler then followed him. Twenty minutes later Chakotay and Tom were waiting in the living area wearing their swimming trunks with towel wrapped around their necks.

"Remember, guys. You promised," called Melody from her room.

Then Melody stepped out, wearing a dark blue swimsuit with extra material gathered around her hips to form a little skirt. Tom and Chakotay just stood staring, unable to believe this was Melody. She was still small, but in that suit you could definitely tell where all her curves were. God she looked beautiful.

When they had seen her on the holodeck they had been looking more at her back and legs than her over all appearance. Now that they had except her scares, they could honestly say she had a great body.

"Well, what do you think?" asked Melody, as she looked at both men slightly embarrassed.

"I Um...I think you look wonderful, Melody. Why were you afraid that we would laugh? We didn‘t before?" asked Chakotay as he came to stand in front of her.

"I know, but except for that one time I haven‘t had a swimming suit on in a very long time. And the last place I was at the weather wasn‘t warm enough," answered Melody.

"You look great, Mel. Maybe we ought to take you to the resort and show you off," teased Tom.

He knew that except for that one time, Melody had only worn shorts and a sleeveless shirt to the resort, still not quite secure in a bathing suit around new people.

"Not right now, OK?" answered Melody quickly.

"Don‘t worry, sweet one. We won‘t go until you’re ready," replied Chakotay as he pulled her into his arms.

Melody hugged him back, and then leaned back to look at them both. "All right, guys. I‘ll race you. Last one in is a rotten egg," said Melody as she raced out of the house.

Tom and Chakotay looked at each other then took off after her.

Several hours later it was three very tired and refreshed people that trotted out of the water and flopped down on their towels. They lay in the sun until they were baked dry. After a while Melody sat up and looked at the two men beside her.

"That was fun guys, but I sure wish we had a sailboat. We could have gone further out and explored."

"Maybe you should ask Kathryn to show you her lake George program," said Chakotay.

"Maybe I‘ll ask her sometime. How‘s your back Chakotay?" asked Melody.

Chakotay had hurt his back while he and Tom were wrestling with Melody in the water and while it felt better, it still was a little sore.

"It‘s fine Melody," said Chakotay as he turned over, grimacing a little at the movement.

"*Yeah right*, Now turn back over so I can give you a back rub," said Melody as he got up and walked over to his towel.

"Melody, I really..."

"Chakotay, don‘t you trust me. My roommate in college used say I gave killer back rubs."

"All right, Melody," said Chakotay as he flipped on his back.

Melody grabbed the bottle of lotion from her towel and then sat down on Chakotay‘s legs. She poured a generous amount on her hands then rubbed it into his back, starting at the shoulders. Melody evenly worked each shoulder until she felt his muscles relax then worked her way down his back until she was sitting on his buttocks kneading his lower back.

Slowly Melody became aware of the heat radiating from under her and the small movement Chakotay was making unconsciously with his hips.

"Uhh Chakotay, I think I‘d better..."

"No sweet one, please. It feels so good," moaned Chakotay.

Melody worked his lower back for a few minutes more, then suddenly stopped and got up quickly.

"I can‘t...I have to go," said Melody as she raced towards the beach house.

Chakotay rose up on his arms and looked at Tom. "What was that all about?" he asked.

"I don‘t know, you stay here and I‘ll go find her," said Tom as he got up and went to look for Melody.

She was half way to the beach house before Tom caught up with her.

"Melody, wait. Mel, come on sweet. Talk to me. Tell me what that was all about?"

"I can‘t Tom, please. Just go back to Chakotay and take care of him."

"Mel, stop," said Tom as he grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. "I thought you said you weren‘t embarrassed by our reactions to you?"

"I‘m not. Now please Tom, leave me alone!" said Melody as she pulled out of his grip and headed towards the house again.

"Then explain it to me, Mel. What‘s wrong?"

"Tom, please! Just drop it, OK," asked Melody.

"No! It‘s not OK. Now tell me!" yelled Tom in frustration.

"All right! I was getting aroused! Are you satisfied now?" said Melody loudly.

Tom just stood there, trying to comprehend what she had just told him.

"Mel, I...I don‘t know what to say," said Tom finally.

"Don‘t say anything. Just go back and take care of Chakotay. When I left he was getting very uncomfortable," replied Melody.

"But sweet, I can‘t leave you like this. I mean...we need to talk about this."

"I know what you mean, Tom and I appreciate your concern but this is something that I‘m going to have to work out myself," said Melody

"If it makes you feel any better, it‘s a normal physical reaction," said Tom as he put his hands on her arms.

"I know, that‘s what Aunt Kathryn said to. It just doesn‘t make me feel any better knowing it. Now go back to Chakotay and help him. We‘ll talk when you both get back," said Melody as she kissed he cheek then ran inside the house.

Tom looked after her then slowly made her way back to where Chakotay was waiting for him. Chakotay hadn‘t move from his back and Tom could tell that he was still in some discomfort. Tom walked over and sat crossed legged beside him on his towel. When he touched his shoulder, Chakotay flipped on his back.

"Did you find out what was wrong?" asked Chakotay as he looked up at the younger man beside him.

"Yes, and your not going to believe it."

"Why? What happen?" asked Chakotay as he sat up and started to rise.

Tom stopped him with and hand on his arm and he sat back down beside him.

"Tom, what‘s wrong?"

"Chak, you remember how we would react when we were dancing or cuddling with Melody?"

"Yes, but what does that have to do with anything?" asked the older man.

"Well now, she knows how we felt," explained Tom.

"What! I..." said Chakotay, then he looked down at his lap and suddenly understood.

Melody had felt his arousal and became aroused herself. No wonder she took off like she did. She must be terribly confused.

"Oh spirits...we have to help her..." started Chakotay.

"We will, Chief. But first we need to take care of something else," said Tom.

"What are you talking about?"

"Chak, I don‘t think either one of us are in any shape to talk to Melody right now," smiled Tom.

Chakotay looked over and noticed that Tom was in the same shape he was. "Besides, Mel gave me strict instructions to take care of you first," smiled Tom as he pushed the older man back down on the towel.

"Oh she did, did she," said Chakotay smiling.

"She sure did," replied Tom as he laid down over the bigger man.

"We can hardly not do what she asked," Chakotay groaned as their erections met through the cloth.

Tom quickly undressed himself and pulled Chakotay‘s shorts off. They didn‘t have much time; they wanted to talk to Melody, so Tom went for quick but satisfying. He laid his body back on top of Chakotay‘s, making sure that their erections touched. Chakotay moaned, moving under Tom. Tom began thrusting against Chakotay, moving quickly. It didn‘t take long; both men were close to the edge before they began. Tom exploded first, thrusting against Chakotay with a moan, hearing Chakotay‘s groans of release as he flew from where they were to touch the stars.

After the Tom and Chakotay returned to the beach house they showered and changed into more comfortable clothes. They found Melody sitting on the couch with her duck. Tom and Chakotay sat down beside her then brought up the subject they all had been dreading.

"Melody, I think we need to talk about what just happened," said Chakotay as he pulled her into his lap. "What happened between us was a normal biological reaction between a woman and a man."

"I know that, I talked to the Doctor about it before you both came home and he told me the same thing. It‘s a perfectly normal reaction, but that still don‘t make me feel any better knowing it though."

"Why, what is different? Asked Tom.

"Because it‘s both of you! I don‘t think of you in that way, but my body seems to. It‘s almost like it has a mind of it‘s own," said Melody as she lowered her head on Chakotay‘s chest.

"Do you remember telling us both once that you were pleased that we have that reaction to you?" asked Chakotay as he lifted her chin.

"Yes."

"Well the same applies here, Mel. It just means that your body is getting over the trauma that your mother and brothers put you through. If you can react that way to being close to a man then it means your getting better," said Tom.

"It doesn‘t mean that I‘m perverted? Asked Melody as she leaned back to look at both men.

"Spirits, no sweet one. If you never any physical reaction to men then we might need to start worrying. All this means is that your one step closer to getting over what happened to you," said Chakotay as he pulled her back into his arms.

"Thank you. That makes me feel better," replied Melody as she returned his hug.

"Mel, we can‘t promise that a situation like this won‘t ever happen again. But we will try to limit the possibilities as much as possible," said Tom.

"Thank you, both," said Melody as she reached over and hugged Tom.

"Now, how about some dinner. I don‘t know about you, but I seemed to have worked up quite an appetite," said Chakotay.

"I‘ll just bet you two have," said Melody as she got out of Tom‘s arms and went to replicate dinner for them.

TBC