This is my first series I've ever written. Please be kind. In case you haven't noticed, I skip around a lot. This section is after Lily is three. This story is an alternate future for B'Elanna and Tom. I'm sorry if this has already been done, though I doubt anything with my ending has been. What's my ending? Well, you have to read it to find out. This story is copyright 1997 by Tammy Lee. Paramount has the rights to the USS Voyager and her crew, no copyright infringement intended.

Another Night
Chapter 4
By Tammy Lee

"Is she asleep yet?" Torres urgently whispered in Paris' ear. Though Lily was 3, she hated to sleep. It seemed that Paris and Torres never got any time alone together. Even late at night. Even in bed.

"Gods. I hope so. It's nearly 0200." Paris breathed.

"Good." Torres moved her lips from where they were at his ear. She kissed his mouth, then moved her lips down his chin to his neck, never breaking the contact. Paris' hands rushed to her back. He ran them up and down, gently touching her through a long nightgown. He lowered his head so their lips met again. Torres' fingers worked their way to the top of Tom's shirt. She clenched her fingers and just held her fists there. Tom moved slightly and leaned over to kiss her neck, but she got him first. Her lips moved to his neck. She nibbled her way up to behind his ear. Just as she began to help Tom slip his shirt off, the door slid open, and little three year old Lily walked in.

"Mommy. I can't sleep." She complained, crawling up on the bed.

Torres was almost embarrassed. She got all worked up only to be interrupted by the daughter she didn't even want to have in the first place. She and Tom sat up to confront Lily, but B'Elanna's breaths were still coming gasps. Paris put an arm around her.

"Are you all right, Mommy?" Lily asked, crawling under the covers between Tom and B'Elanna.

Torres took a deep breath. "I'm fine. Now, what's the matter?"

"I can't sleep."

"Why can't you sleep?"

"There's a monster in under my bed."

"What does it look like?" Paris chimed in.

"It's short. It's smells funny. It has pointy hair. It has a squished head. A yellow head and orange dots."

Torres and Tom laughed. "Sounds like Neelix." Paris smiled.

Lily pulled up the covers over her head, and screamed. "Don't say that!"

Torres leaned over to whisper in her lover's ear. "It is Neelix. She's so afraid of him."

"I have a feeling, this is going to be a long night." And it was.

TBC