Title: It's Not Cheating If . . .
Author: Judy
Series: VOY
Part: NEW: 1/1
Rating: NC-17
Codes: P/K
 

Summary: Amirin's PKSP story challenge: a one night stand. Technically, Harry doesn't cheat on Libby after he meets Tom in a Ferengi bar on Deep Space 9. Or does he?

Disclaimer: They're Paramount's, damn it. Story's mine. Copyright, 1998. Public or private feedback is welcome. Email at jlf@door.net

Warning: Sex between two guys. This is slash.

Archive/Post: ASCEM, R'Rain's, BLTS, allslash, PKSP

10/11/98

It's Not Cheating If . . .
By Judy

They really had warned us about Ferengi at the academy. But . . . I realized I was getting in deeper and deeper with this smooth Ferengi behind the bar. And then, there he was. Very tall, slender, bemused blue eyes, dark blond hair, holding what smelled like a cup of coffee. The guy was puzzling at first, Starfleet uniform but no pips. But what the heck? Somehow he got me out of the mess I was in and we left the bar together.

"My name's Tom," he said.

"Harry."

He had a nice laugh but I wasn't sure it reached his eyes. There was something a little wary about those eyes, as if the blue were painted on the surface over something darker. Even though he couldn't have been more than four or five years older than me, he exuded experience, confidence, all those things I didn't have yet.

"So, Harry. A Starfleet Ensign. First assignment?"

"Yeah. It shows, huh?" There was that friendly laugh again and I laughed with him. I wasn't sure if I should ask him about his uniform. He radiated an apartness, separateness, that said 'don't get too close', so I tried to respect those invisible boundaries. "How 'bout you?" was about as brave as I got.

"Short assignment, then I'm moving on," was his noncommittal response.

Okay. I heard the 'stay away' tone in his voice. "Hey. You really helped me back there."
 
 

Funny, my confident companion seemed to blush, as if being a helper wasn't part of how he saw himself.

"Glad to be of service." He looked away from me when he said that. Strange guy, I thought, couldn't take a compliment.

We'd been walking along the Promenade of Deep Space 9, dodging foot traffic and someone jostled him. He fell against me and I reached out to steady him. When I touched him I felt as if my fingers had contacted the molten heat of a supernova. Both of us jumped away a little from the other, startled at the unexpected intensity of the contact. He motioned with his eyes to a recessed doorway of a dark and deserted storefront.

In that small space he leaned his face down, the blue eyes now lit from within, glowing with promise. His face had softened to a youthful eagerness. "So? Harry?"

We both knew exactly what his question meant. And I hated to disappoint him. "Um, listen, I'm engaged."

In the space of seconds, the unguarded anticipation turned to a blank wall. "Oh."

"I . . . uh. . . that doesn't mean we can't be friends. . .?" Please? I was new. I didn't know anyone even though I'd been on DS9 two days, and tomorrow I was going off on my first mission. A few hours of friendship would be welcome.

He must have seen something in my expression for the blank wall flickered a few times. "Are you engaged to a male or female?"

"Her name is Libby," I tried to say it without sounding stuffy.

Another flicker. "Well. I mean, it wouldn't exactly be cheating if . . .uh . . . what we did was, say, uh . . .things you and she wouldn't do. Would it?"

I had no idea. The visceral attraction I had to this man was incredible. I wondered if it was what my roommate George had experienced when he confessed his attraction to me. An attraction I had turned away. I didn't think I liked men in that way. But here was this lanky blond breathing his hot breath on my neck, his hand on my shoulder, likely to burn an imprint there that would sear right through my uniform and leave a permanent scar. He wanted me and, I couldn't believe it, but I wanted him. He was offering a way to do something together, but exactly what that would be, I didn't know. Generally, however, I had a pretty good idea. "Tom." Oh, gods, just saying his name set my legs to quivering. "Um, what were you thinking of?"

He grinned, a kind of cocky, speculative grin. "Well," he drawled. "It wouldn't be cheating if you went down on me, would it? I mean, she doesn't have one. . . " There was a glint in his eye, "I'm assuming, of course . . ."

Confused, I sputtered a reply, "No. Of course not. She doesn't. But . . ."

"Yes. But that would leave you hanging. Unless. . . She doesn't go down on you?" >From my furious blushing, he easily figured out that she did. "Okay." His lips nearly brushed mine, "I'm sure we can figure something out," he told me, his voice now husky with what I took to be desire. "And it's not like you'll ever see me again."

In a daze, I found it difficult to get out a complete sentence, "I'm sure we can figure out . . . I . . . uh . . . I have a room nearby."

He didn't say anything, but turned me around so his back was to the Promenade crowds. He kissed me. Not a light, casual kiss, but one that pressed me back against the doorway. The heat of his mouth, his tongue, his lips, oh, dear gods, I was lost. He pulled away and we both gasped for breath. In between pants, he prodded, "Your room?"

I pressed my hands down my uniform front, and stepped out of the doorway just behind him. I led the way to my room, not daring to even so much as take a glimpse at him even as I was completely aware of his energy, his heat, at my side. On the desperate walk to my room, I decided to put away my conscience for a few hours and enjoy what this beautiful man and I would do with each other. And although I'd been lonely for Libby, in truth I wasn't thinking of her. It was just going to be meaningless sex with a stranger. This wasn't cheating. After all, it wasn't as if I was going to give this man my heart. This was definitely an example of thinking with my cock. Maybe someday I'd figure it all out, the loneliness, estrangement, the new job, the attractive stranger . . .but not now.

With the door barely closed behind us, we began to kiss again. It was as if he hadn't been with anyone in a long time. His mouth latched onto mine and began to devour every part of it, inside and outside, as his hands roamed up and down my body. I felt as if I would ignite with his touch. I began to undo his clothes and he did the same to me as we danced around with our mouths firmly attached to each other. When we pulled apart, we were both breathing heavily, our chests heaving from the exertion brought on by just kissing. His hand caressed my cheek as if it were the softest thing he'd ever felt and he closed his eyes and moaned a little.

I went at his clothes and after another moan of pleasure, he reciprocated by taking off most of my own clothes. He was naked first and I could see a swollen, long cock that had erupted from red gold curls in his groin. It was breathtakingly beautiful as was the long, lean body that seemed to sway before me. I couldn't wait to move my mouth to this new territory. I backed him against the wall, kissed his closed eyes, his nose, his mouth, then lay a course down the soft fuzz of his chest hair, stopping at one nipple and then the other, then working my way down to his navel, my cheek pushing his cock out of the way. Shuddering, he braced himself against the wall and I gripped his hips to keep him from falling. I knelt down on the rug, not noticing the hard floor under my knees. At last, I opened my mouth as if I were waiting to dock a shuttle, and then pulled him inside. He groaned loudly and one hand found its way to my head.

In truth, I had never done this before, and the length of him almost gagged me. Since that could ruin the mood, I experimented and managed to find a depth I was comfortable with. As my mouth touched him in all the ways I knew I liked to be touched, I moved one hand from his hip to cradle and caress his balls. He writhed against the wall and against me, mewling sounds coming from his throat. I kept working on that precious cock, licking, sucking, mouthing in and out, his hand on my head providing guidance. I felt his balls contract and then he pulled out and sprayed a long, hot stream of cum as he shouted his release. He collapsed down the wall to sit on the floor, legs splayed around me.

He pulled me to him and I buried my head in the soft fur of his chest, my own erection poking into his side. I was uncertain if I'd done a good job and looked up at him when I could. "Was it . . .?"

He smiled, a warm kind of smile that seemed to let me in. "Yeah," he leaned down to kiss me. "Oh, yeah. That was great."

"I. . . uh . . . "

"Hey. It's okay. We all start somewhere. Thank you, Harry. Thank you." There was such fervor in his voice that all my anxieties over my performance vanished. He suggested, "How about the bed? If there is one . . . ?"

If I could bottle that grin to take with me on my two week mission . . . this guy kept sending astonishing collisions of desire right through me. A little nudge from him and I remembered the bed. I scrambled to my feet and gave Tom a hand up. There was still that aura about him of someone who kept himself apart from others even though we'd just engaged in a very intimate act. We managed to make it to the bed and he playfully pushed me down and then fell on top of me. The sharp bone of his hip pressed into my side and that and his length and male scent reminded me that I was with this guy named Tom, not my fiancé named Libby. He began to nuzzle my neck and whispered to me, "What can I do for you? What would you like?"

I felt my face grow red as I realized what I'd like and what would be in keeping with his definition of something that would not be cheating because I wouldn't do it with Libby. "Could I . . . could I . . . um . . . ?"

His body tensed. Maybe he hadn't done that before.

I hastened to reassure him, "It's all right if we don't. It's just . . . "

"You never did that with her?" was his laconic response. He must have reached a decision because the tension in his body eased and he kissed me gently. "I think . . . I think I'd like to have you inside me. It'll be all right."

"I don't want to hurt you," I said. "I've never . . . "

"I have," he said flatly. He sighed and then got out of the bed.

I watched, worried that despite what he'd said, he was going to just get into his clothes and leave. But he didn't. The breath caught in my throat as I watched that lean body bend down and pick up his carryall. He rummaged around in there, found what he was looking for, and padded back to the bed. His own cock had revived and bobbed beautifully as he walked gracefully back to me. For a moment, he stood by the side of the bed looking down at me. I wasn't sure whether his expression was one of sadness or reflection or what. I reminded myself that it wasn't important whether or not I could read this man, he'd be gone soon and I'd never see him again.

He sat down next to me and handed me a tube. He told me, "It's lubricant. Things seem to go better with it."

Wordlessly, I took the tube from him. I'd used some on my hand and cock when I took care of my own needs, but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with respect to our planned activity. I couldn't help the blush. "Um . . .does it come with instructions?"

He laughed and so did I. "I'll show you when the time comes," he promised and lay down next to me. After he pulled me over on top of him, he began to stroke my back with long, hot hands. Our kisses mingled together again and aroused members ground hotly against each other. At some point, I realized I needed to do more. "Tom. . . ?"

"Um." He picked up the lube and squeezed it onto my fingers. We were both on our sides, facing each other. He took my hand and guided it to his rear as he threw one of those long legs over my thigh. "Push in and stretch out the muscle . . .oh-h . . .yeah . . . like that . . . keep going . . .oh . . .another finger, Harry, oh yes, that's it. . . "

As his words guided my actions, I stroked my fingers in and out and gradually felt the muscle loosen. I knew what to do from there and coated my cock with the lube. He rolled over onto his stomach and pushed up on the bed so that he was suspended on hands and knees. I knelt behind him and almost felt dizzy from the sight of that very white muscular ass waiting for me. After pressing my hands against his butt cheeks, I placed the tip of my cock against his opening.

"Yes," he hissed. "Yes. Do it."

I thought he wanted me to push inside and I did. He stiffened and gasped. Worried, I asked, "Are you . . . ?"

"It's all right . . . give me a minute." He was breathing hard, sweat shining on his back. Then his bowed head nodded and he said, "Okay. It's okay, now."

"Did I hurt . . .?"

He gave a snort. "No. Just . . .it's nothing." I heard him take a deep breath. "I want you to move in and out now. Please, Harry?"

Cautiously, I pushed in a bit more and in response, he moved back, impaling himself so that I was deeper inside him. He felt wonderfully hot and his internal muscles alternately gripped and released my cock. I pulled back a little and I heard his breath catch. Then I pushed back inside and we managed to capture a rhythm that had us making the bed drum in accompaniment to our thrusts and parries. For awhile all thought left me as my cock concentrated all my attention on its wondrous ride inside Tom's ass. My body throbbed and stilled and then I felt the incredible release of coming inside this man as the orgasm ignited me into a million firecrackers of desire. I placed my hand on his cock and pumped him hoping he would keep me company as I cried out my climax.

I felt him come as I was beginning to die inside him. The rippling strength in his internal muscles almost brought my cock back to life. Finally spent, we collapsed together on the bed. At some point I became aware that my weight was all over him and I rolled off him onto my back. He lifted his head up and planted a big kiss on my lips.

Blue eyes looked down at me and once again I had the feeling that I couldn't read this man. He smiled and told me, "You did fine. I liked that."

Almost unspoken was the inference that sometimes he didn't like that. Puzzled, I almost asked him if he'd had bad experiences in the past, but, as if he sensed what I might ask, he placed a finger to my lips.

"Shush," he murmured. Again I was treated to a dazzling grin. I didn't know what I'd done really to evoke that expression.

"Tom?"

"Hmm?"

"I wish we would see each other again."

"No, you don't," he assured me. "It's just better this way. If it's okay with you, I'd like to take a little nap. Then I have to report to my ship."

I'd gone over to the sink for a washrag to clean us up with and on my way back to the bed, I asked him. "What ship?"

"Voyager."

I stopped in my tracks.

"What is it?" he asked.

In a dry croak, I told him, "That's my ship."

He was at the door in a second, having swiped the washcloth from my hand. He cleaned himself roughly, then began to throw on clothes.

"What's wrong? We'll be on the same ship."

He stopped and stared at me. "You're engaged. And I'm . . ., " he said the last word so softly I almost didn't hear it, ". . . trouble. Look, I'll make this easy. This was a one night stand. Nothing more."

I didn't know what to say. So many conflicting thoughts went through my head. Libby, cheating, Tom being on the same ship with me. . . "Yeah. You're right. That's all it was."

"If it's any comfort, I'm only going along on Voyager as an advisor. As soon as my job's done, probably two weeks, I'll be gone. And I'm pretty sure we won't ever run into each other again after that." There was a world of irony and pain in his voice when he told me that. "Do yourself a big favor, and just forget we ever met."

Still stunned, I watched him finish dressing. The long arms and legs were thrust into clothes, the sweat soaked blond hair was finger brushed back. He grabbed his carryall and went out the door.

I came out of my fog and ran to the door, "Wait!"

But when I looked out into the corridor, he was already gone. The one night stand I was so sure I would never see again was going to be on my ship. Inevitably, we'd run into each other. And I wondered if I could forget him. Or even if I wanted to. But, hell, I was engaged to a wonderful woman. As I pulled my own clothes on, the trappings of my life came together with them. Engaged, responsible, newly graduated ensign. Not someone who'd cheat on his fiancé with a guy he met in a Ferengi bar. Not at all.

The End