Please see Part One for disclaimer, warnings, etc. 

They Don't Know  Part 4
By Thomas Jesse Fournier 04/22/2001 
 

It had been six days since Tom had been brutally beaten and raped. Greg Ayala had been confined to his quarters.  Tuvok would use a Vulcan mind healing technique to correct his feelings toward Chakotay and Tom.  Tom had spent the first three days in sickbay driving the holo doctor crazy while he recuperated. The doctor then released him to his quarters knowing that since Chakotay and Tom shared quarters, Tom would be in good hands. 

With only four days to go to the big day, plans were finalized. Holodeck One was reserved for the actual ceremony.  The programme was a  holo-version of the Garden of Fragrance in Strybing Arboretum & Botanical Gardens in Golden Gate park. While holodeck two was reserved for the reception/banquet and dance. Tom had told Neelix that he was, absolutely, not allowed to use leola root in any of the recipes. Harry and B'Elanna both being the best man, were planning to wear matching outfits. 

Chakotay was on Alpha shift this week. Tom having recovered enough to be allowed to resume his duties at the helm, was on half shifts for the last four days until the wedding. The Captain decided to put Tom on the Alpha shift. It had been quiet all morning. Chakotay decided to take his lunch break with Tom in their quarters. Then afterward would accompany him to the bridge for his afternoon shift at the helm. 

"You know Cha it's nice to finally have some real time together for a change." 

"Yes it sure is, I also missed your humor on the bridge the last couple of weeks." 

"I bet, it was probably more peaceful." 

"No it was downright boring, and besides I like to sit there and see you in front of me. You don't know how many years I spent just looking at you, watching your hands flying over the controls." 

"You did?" 

"I did, have I told you lately that I am very happy that you had the courage to let down your guard and let me inside." 

"I could say the same to you big man.  You were quite unapproachable." 

"But you approached me anyways, and I am forever grateful. Otherwise I would have never known this happiness that I know now." 

"Cha, I love you." Tom said as Chakotay pulled him in to an embrace. 

"Mmmm...I love you too sweetheart." Chakotay replied as he pulled Tom's head down for a kiss. 

Tom pulled away and asked hesitantly, "Cha, can we talk?" 

"Of course, what's on your mind?" 

"Well...I..I'm not sure I can be the same sexually.  I think I would rather pitch than receive.  It may be some time before I can receive again, if ever.  I'm sorry Cha.  I feel so bad, I want you to make love to me, but I'm not sure if I can handle it." 

"I understand Tom, there are other ways for us to make love.  We'll take it as slow as you need to." 

"Thanks Cha, I hate to change the subject abrubtly, but we need to get to the bridge." 

"That's okay we can talk later." 

A few minutes later Chakotay and Tom walked on to the bridge and took their positions. The remainder of the shift slipped by without incident. 

~^~^~^~ 

Later that evening in the messhall Chakotay and Tom were suffering through another of Neelix's strangely colored, over spiced meals. Harry and B'Elanna, who were both on Gamma shift this week, had just got up so to them this weird meal was breakfast. They sat down to join Tom and Chakotay. They both looked like they had something on their minds. 

"Harry, B'Ela, you look like you both have something on your mind." 

Harry and B'Elanna looked at each other and a decision was made. "Tom, Chakotay we have something to tell you." 

"Spill it B'Ela." 

B'Elanna took a deep calming breath and began, "I'm pregnant, Harry and I are going to get married." 

Tom and Chakotay eyes went round with surprise. "Congratulations!" They both said at the same time. 

"When is the big day?" Tom asked. 

"We plan to marry in three weeks, the baby is due in twenty four weeks, or in earth time, April 11." 

"Wow, an Easter baby." Tom said. 

"How do you feel Harry, you haven't said anything yet." Chakotay asked. 

"I am very happy, I just thought I would let B'Elanna do the talking." 

"I used to do that too." Tom said. 

"You targ, you make it sound like I'm bossy." B'Elanna said as she threw Tom a mock glare. 

"I never said nothing of the sort." Tom said with an innocent look on his face. 

"Watch it flyboy, you have a honeymoon coming up, I could reprogram the holodeck to *really* make it memorable." 

"All right both of you back in your cages." Chakotay said with a chuckle. 

"Seriously B'Elanna I am really very happy for you. I think the way things turned out for the four of us is really the way it was meant to be." Tom said. 

"I know, you and I would have never been as happy as you and Chakotay are." B'Elanna answered. 

"That goes for you and Harry too. You should see how you look together. It's really beautiful to watch the way you both look at one another." Tom said as he reached across the table to took her hand in his and give it a gentle squeeze. 

"Thank you Tom, I am so glad you and I are friends, this is what we were meant to be to one another." 

~^~^~^~ 

Two days later every detail was taken care of. If anything was forgotten, well they would just have to make do. Tomorrow was the big day and Tom was spending the night in Harry's quarters. Because according to Tom, it would be bad luck for them to spend the last night together. Plus he and Chakotay were not supposed to see one another until the wedding. 

Earlier in the evening before Tom had left, Chakotay had performed a spiritual wedding ceremony to seal their souls to one another according to his people's beliefs. Afterwards they sat silently in meditation. Each allowing the feelings, that the ceremony evoked, to wash over them. Tom was the first to speak. 

"Cha, that was really beautiful." 

"Thank you Tom for respecting my beliefs and doing this ceremony with me, I know it isn't legal but I believe in the spiritual union more than the legal." 

"I understand, Love. I feel as though something really beautiful happened in my heart when you spoke those words." 

"Are you sure that you have to leave tonight, I am really going to miss you." Chakotay said as he took Tom's hands in his and held them. 

"Yeah Babe, I am superstitious about that issue. I don't want *any* bad luck to befall us. Especially since we're in the DQ where bad luck seems to prevail sometimes." Tom said as he pulled Chakotay in to an embrace. They kissed for a minute or two. 

"Mmmm, Love we better stop, I should go. I don't want to but it's necessary." 

"I love you Tom, have a good night." 

"I'll try, I love you too, Cha." Tom said as he got up and crossed their quarters to the door and silently exited. 

Chakotay sat looking at the door for a few minutes. He then gathered up his medicine bundle and carefully replaced it back to it's place on the shelf. 

~^~^~^~ 

Sometime later that evening Tom arrived at Harry's quarters and made himself as comfortable as possible on Harry's couch.  After tossing and turning and unable to sleep he called Chakotay to wish him good-night. 

"Paris to Chakotay." 

"Hi darling, are you calling to tell me how much you miss me. I know I miss you." 

"I miss you too, I also called to say good night and wish you sweet dreams." 

"Thank you, you have sweet dreams too." 

"Thank you, goodnight." 

"Good night Tom." 

~^~^~^~ 

Tom Paris' Personal Log 

I can't believe I am going to marry Chakotay today. I am so nervous. I love him so much. I just pray nothing goes wrong. I never thought that I would see this day, after all we have been through. 

It took so long to get Chakotay to let down his guard long enough to see that I wasn't the traitor that he believed me to be. I was so glad when we were able to start a friendship. Chakotay had so many trust issues. And who could blame him? First I lead the Voyager to capture his ship in the DQ. I'll never forget the look of hatred and anger in Chakotay's eyes that first day we met again on the bridge of Voyager. Then he found out Tuvok was a Federation spy. Then that whole scene with Seska. 

We had just barely started a friendship, when the Captain and Tuvok hatched up that scheme to flush out that spy, well that darn well almost ended it. It took Chakotay months to get over the Captains dishonesty, not to mention mine. It hurt like hell to treat Cha the way I did. 

The Captain had no right to not include him, I told her as much. But she didn't listen. That's the one decision that she made, that still irks me to this day. But she's done a lot for this ship. She is only trying to get us home. 

Well it's almost time. 

~^~^~^~ 

A cool breeze was blowing and it was a clear sunny day. A perfect day for a wedding. The flowers were in full bloom and their fragrance filled the air. Tom had really out done him self with the program for his and Chakotay's wedding ceremony, and everyone was gathered in the holodeck anxiously awaiting the big event. Chakotay was already there, standing at the foot of the aisle with the Captain, Harry, and B'Elanna. Everyone else was seated on wooden folding chairs that had been arranged in rows, with an aisle down the center. When Tom arrived the ceremony would begin. Chakotay was wearing a simple black suit, with a white rose on the lapel. Finally the moment arrived and Tom along with it. He was wearing the same style of suit as Chakotay, except that his was white, with a single red rose on the lapel. He looked absolutely edible as he 
walked down the aisle toward Chakotay. 

"Ladies and gentlemen." the Captain began. "We are gathered here for a most joyous event. The joining of two souls in holy matrimony. It has been the honor of Captains, since the days of ocean sailing vessels, to have the power to join couples in wedlock. It is truly an honor for me to join the souls of Chakotay and Thomas Eugene Paris today. If anyone can show just cause why these two special souls may not be lawfully be joined together, let he or she speak now, or else hereafter forever more hold their peace." 

A silence filled the air, daring anyone to speak out.  When no one did Janeway continued. 

"Thomas Eugene Paris, will you take Chakotay to be your lawfully wedded spouse?" 

"Chakotay, I Thomas Eugene Paris, take you to be my lawfully wedded spouse. Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life." 

"Chakotay, will you take Thomas Eugene Paris to be your lawfully wedded spouse?" 

"Thomas Eugene Paris, I Chakotay, take you to be my lawfully wedded spouse. Before these witnesses I vow to love you and care for you as long as we both shall live. I take you, with all your faults and strengths, as I offer myself to you with all my faults and strengths. I will help you when you need help, and I will turn to you when I need help. I choose you as the person with whom I will spend my life." 

"The rings please." 

Harry and B'Elanna each gave Tom and Chakotay their rings to give to each other. 

"Will you both please repeat after me? With this ring, I thee wed." 

"Chakotay, with this ring I thee wed." Tom repeated as tears of joy slipped down his cheeks. 

"Thomas Eugene Paris, with this ring I thee wed." Chakotay also repeated his cheeks also wet. 

"Please join your right hands togther. For as much as Thomas and Chakotay have consented together in holy wedlock, and have witnessed the same before God and everyone here, and there to have given and pledged their love to one another, and have declared the same by giving and receiving a Ring, and by joining hands; it is with great honor that I now pronounce them legally married, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen." 

"Gentlemen you may each kiss your spouse." 

Tom and Chakotay leaned in to one another and kissed passionately, then embraced one another tightly. 

"Ladies and gentlemen I am proud to present to you Thomas Eugene Paris-Chakotay and Chakotay Paris." 

Everyone there cheered loudly for the happy couple. Tom and Chakotay then made their way back up the aisle. Along the way they were stopped many times for congratulatory hugs, hand shakes, and kisses. Finally everyone made their way to holodeck two where the partying began in ernest. First was a first class meal cooked by Neelix. Everyone wondered how the meal had turned out so well, considering who cooked it. By the end of the meal Neelix was beaming proudly from all the compliments. The dance followed and everyone danced and partied the night away. All but the newly-weds who snuck off to do some celebrating of their own back in holodeck one, which was now a luxurious honeymoon suite. 

~^~^~^~ 
 
 

Chakotay looked at Tom, the love of his life and smiled. He then watched as Tom's hand reached out and pulled him in close for a kiss that left them both panting.  He reluctantly pulled away for a moment looking in to Tom's eyes to see how he was doing. 

"Are you okay love?"  He asked. 

"Yes I think so.  Let me be in charge, okay?" 

"I'm all yours Poocuh." 

They then started to slowly undress one another, kissing and touching each other as they uncovered each other's bodies. Tom ran his fingers through Chakotay's hair, and at the same time, with the other hand, squeezed Chakotay's nipple. 

"Mmmmmm, oh Tom, please don't stop." 

"You like that Cha?" Tom asked as he gave Chakotay's nipple another squeeze. 

"Oh yes." Chakotay hissed. 

Finally they pulled apart long enough to walk over to the bed. Spooning face to face on the bed, Tom and Chakotay began again to kiss one another passionately. Tom then pushed Chakotay on to his back and straddled him. All the while kissing and touching him everywhere. Chakotay spread his legs signaling to Tom that he was ready to be made love to. Tom reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the lube that was there. He then adjusted his position to kneel between Chakotay's spread legs and prepared his love for what was to follow. 

"Oh now Tom, please, I need you inside of me." 

Knowing he wouldn't last much longer himself, Tom lubricated himself and entered his husband. 

"Oh Cha, I love you so much." 

"Mmmm babe, I love you too." 

Tom's thrusts were slow and gentle at first. Chakotay, however, had another opinion on the matter. He wrapped his legs around Tom's waist, causing Tom to become more deeply imbeddedinside of him. Their lovemaking became more frenzied as they moved faster and faster, their passion building and growing. Like a super nova they both climaxed explosively. Tom collapsed on Chakotay in a sweaty heap. Chakotay relished the feeling of his husband's weight on him as he held him close. 

"How do you feel Mr. Paris?" Tom asked as he slowly removed himself from his position on top of Chakotay and flopped on to his back beside him. 

"Mmmmmm I feel thoroughly loved Mr. Chakotay." 

Chakotay made his way to the bathroom and retrieved a washcloth, wet it, then came back and cleaned them both with it. He then tossed it on the floor and climbed back in to bed. Gathering Tom in his arms, he called for the lights to be put out, and both men fell happily to sleep. 

TBC in part 5