Story: "Flan"
Author: Delilah Delicious (delilahdelicious@hotmail.com)
Series: Voyager
Part: NEW 1/1
Rating: NC-17
Codes: P/K
Summary: Tom and Harry get together.
Disclaimer: Paramount is God.
Distribution: Anywhere you want, just leave everything intact.
Archival: Same as above.
 

"Flan"
By Delilah Delicious

Tom and Harry sat in Sandrine‘s, nursing a couple of beers. No one else had shown up in the holodeck bar yet, and the two young officers were somewhat uncomfortable. After their time in their incarceration, neither one had been as easy and carefree with each other. It had been a week and they hadn‘t even spoken about it. Each hoped someone else would show up soon. Meanwhile, they sipped at their beers and heard the same phrase echoing in their heads: "This man is my friend..."

Ten minutes stretched by slowly, and they tried to make small talk. It was inconsequential. Their dialogue usually was. Finally, B‘Elanna walked in, followed shortly by Chakotay and Captain Janeway. It wasn‘t long before Sandrine‘s was packed with the Voyager crew.

Harry took a moment to wonder if the ship was on auto-pilot, or if was the mysterious gamma shift at work. He‘d never seen one of these strange gamma shift workers who never appeared anywhere else in the ship. He wondered how they did it though. The Kazon never attacked during a gamma shift, nobody ever did. It was always during his shift, the alpha shift. Then everyone would be barking orders at him, expecting miracles from him. Was the universe out to get him or something?

Harry‘s attention was drawn towards the corner, where a make-shift stage had been set-up. Captain Janeway stood on it, preparing to speak into a stationary microphone. Harry wondered why such antiquated equipment was being used. It looked a little ridiculous.

"Thank you all for coming," she said. "As you all know, tonight is open mic night. I know that everyone is dying to get up here on stage, since we all love to sing, but I promised Tom he could go first."

Harry glanced at Tom in surprise. Tom could sing? Who would have thought....

Tom walked up to the stage, stepped up onto it, and moved in front of the microphone. He cleared his throat nervously and then said: "Computer, run subroutine Paris-epilson-theta-bee-beta-gee-gamma-triple-decker-sandwich-with-
a-slice-of-pie-13."

Harry‘s eyes widened in surprise. If Tom was programming into the 16th level of subroutines, this should be good.

The lights dimmed and were replaced by flashing strobe lights, and a giant mirrored ball appeared above them, floating and rotating gently. It cast reflected lights in little squares all around the room in different colors. It grabbed Harry‘s attention like it would with any other naïve young ensign (in spite of the fact that Harry had been a naïve young ensign for five years now). He stared at the moving lights until something new caught his attention. It was Tom, clearing his throat again.

Harry looked up at the stage to see Tom dressed in purple hot pants, rainbow platform boots, with a unbuttoned, neon pink shirt. His chest hair was thick and furry (Wait! Tom doesn‘t have that much chest hair. He programmed himself holographic chest hair? Harry wanted to fall down laughing) and Tom wore several goal chains around his neck. He had side burns going down to his chin, and some platinum blond wig on, which looked really strange because Tom had never been blond before. Harry took a good look at him and realized Tom had programmed himself to look thinner, by at least 10 kilograms, and his muscles looked a little larger as well.

Tom began speaking. "I‘d like to dedicate this song to Harry. I‘ve wanted to tell him how I feel about him for a long time but I couldn‘t do it. So, I‘d like to sing this song."

Harry was stunned. He didn‘t say a word.

Tom opened his mouth and began to sing:

"At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinkin‘ I could never live without you by my side
But then I spent so many nights thinkin‘ how you did me wrong
And I grew strong
And I learn how you get along
And so you‘re back, from outer space
I just walked in to find you here, with that sad look upon your face

I should have changed that stupid lock
I should have made you leave your key
If I‘d known for just one second, you‘d be back to bother me
Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
You‘re not welcome anymore
Weren‘t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye

Did I crumble
Did you think I‘d lay down and die ?
Oh no, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I‘ll stay alive

I‘ve got all my life to live
I‘ve got all my love to give and I‘ll survive
I will survive, hey, hey
It took all the strength I had, not to fall apart

Kept trying‘ hard, to mend the pieces of my broken heart
And I spent, oh, so many nights
Just feeling sorry for myself, I used to cry
But now I hold my head up high

And you see me, somebody new
I‘m not that chained up little person, still in love with you
And so you feel like droppin‘ in
And just expect me to be free

Now I‘m savin‘ all my lovin‘, for someone who‘s lovin‘ me Go on now, go walk out the door Just turn around now, ‚cause you‘re not welcome anymore Weren‘t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye Did I crumble, did you think I‘d lay down and die? Oh no, I will survive...

Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I‘ll stay alive
I‘ve got all my life to live
I‘ve got all my love to give, and I‘ll survive

I will survive, hey, hey
Go on now, go walk out the door
Just turn around now
You‘re not welcome anymore
Weren‘t you the one who tried to hurt me with goodbye

Did I crumble
Did you think I‘d lay down and die ?
Oh no, I will survive
Oh, as long as I know how to love, I know I‘ll stay alive

I‘ve got all my life to live
I‘ve got all my love to give, and I‘ll survive
I will survive, hey, hey"
 

Tom stopped singing while the music continued. Tom yelled out "I love you, Harry. Hey! Hey!"

Harry sat in silence for a moment, thinking about the powerful and beautiful words he had just heard, while the music played on and Tom kept chorusing "Hey! I will survive! Hey! Hey!"

Harry yelled out "Hey, wait a minute! We were never together.

What do you mean you‘ll survive?"

Tom looked at him in confusion. "Don‘t you understand, Harry? Regardless of the lyrics, it¹s a love song, so that makes it a good choice."

Harry stared at him in confusion, and still unconvinced about the song, while Tom went back to singing, "Hey! I will survive! Yes, I will. Hey! Hey!" It went on for at least 5 more minutes.

Harry heard Chakotay whisper in his ear, "He‘s doing the extended remix version. This is so romantic. Do the Hustle."

"What did you say?"

Chakotay looked at him in surprise. "Oh nothing, never mind.

Tom did pick a marvelous and passionate way to tell you though. This is an ancient musical form known as Disco." Chakotay paused as Tom belted out a powerful "I will survive!" and then continued. "This is very romantic of him. I had an ancestor who was a great Disco dancer. His name was John ‚Points to the Great Hunting Ground in the Sky‘ Travolta."

Harry waived him off, not wanting to hear yet another "my ancestor" story. He heard the music finally fading and looked back at the stage, where Tom was still standing.

Tom spoke into the microphone again. "Harry, I fell in love with you the first minute I saw you on DS-9, and then after the Ocampa Homeworld incident, I knew I had to have you someday. And when you died..." Tom choked up, "I wanted to die, too. And then you came back to me, and I was so happy. I almost told you then, but I was too afraid that you‘d reject me because of my past. I couldn‘t stand the humiliation. So, I‘ve decided to do it here instead, in front of everyone."

Harry‘s confusion grew. Tom didn‘t want to be humiliated, was afraid of rejection, and yet was making of fool out of himself in public in addition to doing exactly what he was afraid of doing? This was just too weird.

He heard Tom say: "Computer, play next selection. Harry, this is how I feel when I‘m around you."

He sang again.

"I‘ve got your picture of me and you
You wrote "I love you" I love you too
I sit there staring and there‘s nothing else to do

Oh it‘s in color
Your hair is brown
Your eyes are hazel
And soft as clouds

I often kiss you when there‘s no one else around
I‘ve got your picture, I‘ve got your picture
I‘d like a million of you over myself
I asked the doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well
You‘ve got me turning up and turning down
and turning in and turning ‚round

I‘m turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese

I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
I‘m turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese

I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so

I‘ve got your picture, I‘ve got your picture
I‘d like a million of you over myself
I asked the doctor to take your picture

So I can look at you from inside as well
You‘ve got me turning up and turning down
and turning in and turning ‚round
I‘m turning Japanese

I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese

I really think so
I‘m turning Japanese

I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese

I really think so
No sex, no drugs, no wine, no women
No fun, no sin, no you, no wonder it‘s dark

Everyone around me is a total stranger
Everyone avoids me like a psyched lone-ranger
Everyone

That‘s why I‘m turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
Turning Japanese

I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so
I‘m turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese

I really think so
Turning Japanese
I think I‘m turning Japanese
I really think so..."

As the music faded, Harry‘s eyes were wide with confusion, and a little anger. "Tom! You know I‘m Chinese, not Japanese!"

"You just don‘t get it, do you, Harry? Computer, play next selection."

Harry sat on his barstool and listened to the next selection. It has something to do with a "Disco Inferno", but he still didn‘t get it. He heard Chakotay whisper to him again at the end of the song "Do the Hustle."

"I‘m sorry, Tom. I just don‘t see what these songs have to do with anything."

"I can‘t believe you don‘t understand the importance of song lyrics in our relationship!" Tom shouted.

"Can‘t you just tell me what you are feeling? Or show me? Anything but sing bizarre songs from 20th Century Earth? I mean, if you love me, why not sing a 23rd Century Deltan Love Opera?"

Tom looked at him in exasperation. "I forgot how naïve you are, my sweet Harry. This must all be so new for you. You know nothing of romance, do you, my little virgin?"

Harry sputtered. He couldn‘t believe Tom was saying these things...in public! "Tom! Can‘t we talk in private? Enough with the singing already."

"Ensign!" the Captain barked. Harry glanced over at her table where she sat with B‘Elanna and the Delaney sisters. Harry noticed they were all wearing some strange type of belts, with rubbery proturberances...oh my god! They are wearing strap-on dicks!

"Ensign! That is not the way men act! Men never take the direct approach. It is obvious that Tom is right and you know nothing of romance. Men like to be shyly courted, with lots of innocent stares and bashful bowing of the head. You never tell the other one what you want. You never make overt gestures or signals. You are never direct." The Captain clucked in dismay while the other strap-on dick women tittered. "You really know nothing about being a man, do you?"

Harry was stunned. He couldn‘t believe the Captain was saying these things. What in the hell did she know about being a man? She was a woman! He was so confused!

"I‘m sorry. I think I need to leave."

"No way, Harry." Tom jumped off the stage and walked over to Harry, still wearing his platform rainbow boots and the rest of his outfit. As he came closed, he muttered "Can‘t believe I have to do it like this. This is just so....gauche." He pulled Harry out of his chair and pressed their mouths together.

Their kiss broke, and Harry whispered. "Now that I understand."

Tom sighed in frustration. He turned and looked at the Captain. "I don‘t think I have any other choice, Captain. With your permission?"

The Captain stared back at him, absently fingering his strap-on dick, looking like she didn‘t quite know what to do with it. "If you are sure you want to be with him," she inclined her head to indicate Harry, with more than a little disgust showing on her face, "go ahead."

Tom pushed Harry down onto the bar floor, and they quickly stripped each other, despite the fact that the voyager crew crowded around them to watch. It wasn‘t long before Harry understood what Tom wanted. Harry felt something being pressed into his hand and looked up to see Chakotay handing him some lube. Chakotay bent down and whispered into his ear, "While he‘s filling you with his manhood, his warrior‘s flesh lance, you must sing. It will let him know you love him." Chakotay whispered more, as Harry felt Tom gripping his ass cheeks.

Tom grabbed the lube from Harry and greased up his fingers and slid them into Harry‘s ass. Moments later, he was slowly pushing himself inside his tight Asian friend.

After Tom had fully inserted himself and began a slow rocking motion, Harry began to feel the pleasure surging through him. Remember Chakotay‘s advice, he repeated the strange tune that Chakotay has whispered in his ear. He sang out "That‘s the way, uh-huh uh-huh, I like it!"

Tom froze and burst into tears. "Oh Harry! I knew it! I knew you loved me!" Then he started thrusting himself into Harry harder and faster.

The crowd around them witnessed the special event and cheered. Harry still didn‘t understand the meaning behind all these songs, or why they were singing them. It seemed ridiculous to him, but if got Tom to fuck his ass, he didn‘t really care. Perhaps he was just an old-fashioned kind of guy, but he‘d talk to Tom about that later. Harry‘s attitude was "Fuck first, talk later."

As Tom shoved his long dick deep inside Harry, the crowd began a new song. They sang "Play that funky music, white boy."

Captain Janeway could barely be heard in the background. She still fingered her strap-on dick and muttered "Next time that Ensign better act like a man and get up there and sing!"
 

The End

For the uniformed, and even the uninformed, reader, "flan" is a Mexican (or maybe Spanish) dessert. It‘s main part is a square, patty-like concoction that is mostly white with a slight yellow tint and is about the same consistency as room temperature tofu...and tastes about the same also, meaning tasteless. Glazing it and puddling around it is an extremely sweet, sticky syrup. Overall, it is of questionable substance, lacking in taste, and made for those who like it sweet and sappy.