Life With a Paris: Frustrations
 

"Just get in!"

"B'Elanna, your tone of voice isn't helping matters here."

"It's not rocket science, Tom!"

"Yelling is just going to make this harder!"

"I'm not yelling, I'm coaxing with emphasis." B'Elanna cleared her throat and changed positions. "Just move one leg forward... there... now push... damn!"

"Just move back somewhat and let me try alone. You're getting upset and that's not good for the baby."

"Don't tell me what's good for the baby! She's in my body and I think I know what she can handle!"

"Fine! Just move then, your body is getting in the way!"

"My body? Oh, you didn't just call me fat!"

"B'Elanna!" Tom's groaned loudly, his head arching back in frustration. "You know that wasn't what I meant." Pause. "Maybe we should try this again later when we've both calmed down."

"I'm not upset!"

"Right. Fine. You want this done so bad, you can sit there and do it without me."

"Tom.."

"You've come this far without my help, you can finish it."

"Tom!"

"What?!"

"Can you help me off the floor? I think all three of us need a break."

Tom looked down at his wife, her face slightly flushed from the exertion of trying to convince Delta into his litter box. The puppy seemed to have no interest in being litter trained -- in fact, judging by his ridged stance, he hated the idea. With a half laugh, Tom reached down and helped pull his wife to her feet, walking with her over to the sofa where they both sat down hard.

"This shouldn't be this difficult."

"I hope you're not going to get this tense when we're trying to toilet train our daughter."

"Dog house, Paris, remember those words well."

Tom sighed, leaning back, idly picking up one of B'Elanna's feet and began a slow massage. "Well, the litter box seems to be a bust. Any more ingenious ideas?"

"Yea, you could keep rubbing my feet while I take a nap, and then you could take your *monster* for a walk."

Another sigh. "Yes, dear."

They stayed that way for quite a while, until a curious noise made Tom stop and glance over his shoulder.

"Huh."

B'Elanna opened one eye to glance at him. "What?"

"Guess he just didn't have to go."

Reaching out for the back of the sofa, B'Elanna pulled herself upright and glanced over at the litter box. Sure enough, there was Delta sniffing about, getting ready to christen B'Elanna's creation. With a groan she slid back down into the cushions.

"He really is a Paris, isn't he?"

Tom blinked. "Why do you say that?"

"Because he's one of the stupid most stubborn males in the known universe."

"I hope there's a "but" in there."

"But... you've got to love him."

End.