The Power of Love: Thinking it Over
by Erin Alpert
 

Now, what was a wedding without a party to celebrate it?

There was a grand celebration party for Erica and Harry, almost everyone they knew showed up.... including Libby.

"Libby," Harry was nervous, after all, who wouldn't be, having your ex-girlfriend show up at your wedding.
"So, Harry, how have you been?"
"Good. And you?"
"Good, well, congrats," and with that final comment, Libby disappeared into the crowd.

"I can't believe how many people showed up," Torres remarked to Paris.
"I know," he looked around, "Hey! There's Harry! C'mon," and he led her over there. 
"Harry!" Torres called.
Kim looked around through the crowd before spotting them, "Hey!" 
"Congrats Harry," Paris told his best friend.
"Hey, I still can't believe what you did," he responded.
"She started it," Tom pointed at Torres.
"Did not!"
"Did too."
"Did not."
"Too."
"Not."
"Stop it! You both started it. Happy?"
"Yeah," both Paris and B'Elanna said.

Dancing could be fun... if you were with the right person. Paris was.... Torres was always the right person. But Tom didn't really like the choice of music. Kinda slow sometimes, then jazz music, with lots of Clarinets, at others. Paris wasn't really paying attention to the music. Instead, he was thinking a question over.  One he wished he asked a long time ago.
"Tom?"
"What 'Lanna?"
"You looked dazed."
"Huh? Oh."
"Something wrong?"
"No... nothing."
"You sure?" Torres was worried.
"I'm fine," Paris looked slightly down at her, and that pink dress.
"Positive?"
"Yes! Y'Know, I really like that dress."
"Fine, then you wear it."
"No thank you," Tom smiled and ran a finger through her hair.
"Okay... that's probably for the better," Torres smiled back, before the
conversation silenced again.

And Tom went back to his thinking.
* Well, you gonna ask? *
* I don't know, maybe. *
* You should. *
* But, maybe I shouldn't, * having a conversation with yourself could get confusing. * Why not? *
* I don't know! *
* Then why? *
* I don't know! *
Paris sighed. He really wanted to ask, but was afraid she'd turn him down. And he didn't need another rejection. But, then again, he hadn't had many of those since he first met her, and fell in love. Sometimes she'd have to turn him down because of work, or other things, but not usually.
* C'mon Tom, just ask her! *
"Fine, I will."
"What?" Torres asked.
"Huh? Oh, 'Lanna..." he was cut off.
"Okay ladies, it's time to throw the bouquet," Erica said.
"Oh great," sighed Torres.
"Come on, it'll be fun," Paris coaxed.
"Do I have to?"
"They say the one who catches it will be the next to get married," Paris offered.
"Oh great," those words worries Tom.
"Go on."
"Fine," Torres breathed as she made her way up to the front of the room.
Erica turned and tossed the bouquet over her shoulder. Some how, it conveniently landed in B'Elanna hand. Torres smiled, and pulled back through the crowd to go see Tom.
"You caught it," he commented.
"Yes, I know that," she kissed him on the cheek.
"'Lanna?"
"What?"
"I have a question for you....."

To
Be
Continued
:+)

It's contest time again.... but, this one may (or may not) be harder..... C'mon!! Guess guess guess!!!

Legal junk. Viacom owns characters, I own story. Comments on my second section of my first real series go to Eraalpert@aol.com