Changing Sides>
By Erin Alpert

HaHa! What else would you expect? Of course I had to do a Darkling story. Why? Because there were no P/T scenes! I could have sworn I saw Erica in the transporter room with Kim at the end of Darkling.. am I seeing things? This one is for my nameless friend, who actually used the term, switching sides, but I like changing better! Oh, and Mark: HANGING!!!
 

B'Elanna Torres was laying in her bed. Thinking. She didn't like being at the mercy of a possessed man, especially one with the Doctor's expertise. Being paralyzed was an odd sensation. No feeling. No pain. Nothing.

<ding-dong>

* Why is it, whenever something traumatic happens to me, the doorbell rings?

* "Come in," * And somehow, it always.. * "Hi Tom," she called from her bedroom.

"B'Elanna? How'd you know it was me? B'Elanna? Where are you?" Paris was clueless.

"I'm in here," she called.

Paris wandered in, "Hey. What's up?"

"Nothing much, except the fact I was paralyzed."

"'Lanna.... I wish there was something I could have done."

"There wasn't much that could have been done."

"I just wish I could have...."

"Yeah, Tom, I know. But there was nothing you could have done, I was s'posed to be there for a few hours, how would you have known?"

"Hey, I could have come by and brought you a salad," Paris offered.

"How the hell did you find out about that!?"

"Word travels quickly on this ship."

"Who told you?"

"Someone."

"Which someone?" She was now sitting up, and had been for sometime now, and she was smiling as well.

"A living someone," he grinned back, and took her hand.

"I hope so, I wouldn't want some dead guy spreading rumors about me."

"Oh no, he wouldn't be spreading rumors, because it's true."

"Mmm... liar," she breathed.

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Then what you were doing in Sickbay the first time?"

"I was sick."

"And why were sick?"

"Okay, you got me," she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

"I still can't believe what the Doc did to his program," Paris went on.

"He just wanted a personality."

"He needed one."

"He should have asked me first."

"His dark side was worse then anything I ever saw before."

Torres paused before bringing up another argument to the subject, "What about my dark side?"

"'Lanna, I told you this already, your dark side isn't that bad. And I'd

really like to see more of it."

"Hmmm... what about * your * dark side?"

"We'll save that topic for another day."
 
 

The End :+)


Legal junky stuff..... Viacom owns all.... 'cept story, cuz I wrote that
with my own brain.... yatta yatta yatta... the only problem with writing so much is all these yucky disclaimers.... blah blah blah... comments go to moi` at Eraalpert@aol.com.... more junk goes here...